(| Five |)

The day for the entrance exam was finally upon her. 

Izumi couldn't be more ecstatic, yet terrified, nerves buzzing as she bit her lip and looked up at the huge school.

Her green curls were pulled back, black ribbon done up in a bow courtesy of Kami-San. Both of her teachers had seen her off this morning from her home, Aki-San giving her a good-luck noogie before Kami-San hit him on the head and fixed her student's hair.  

Green eyes widened to take everything in as she made her way in. 

She almost stumbled when Bakugou stormed passed her, but collected herself after throwing the blond boy a glare of her own. 

Izumi flew through the written portion, all her studies and extra cramming really helped with all that. That's when they all filed into this large auditorium where the Voice Hero: Present Mic, addressed them.

He tried his best to hype up the crowd, and Izumi honestly felt bad for him when he didn't get a response. Guess everyone was just too stressed. 

The hero cleared his throat before going on, then got interrupted by a tall, blue-haired boy with glasses. Izumi guessed it was just not the Hero's day. 

When Izumi was released to go get ready then find her bus, she took a deep breath and let her mind find the calming zone Aki-San had helped her develop for stressful situations. 

Izumi changed into a simple outfit, something she would wear to spar or dance in, green shorts and sports bra with a black tank-top. Though there was the addition of the tools she had cleared for use with the school.

Support gear was allowed, you just had to prove you built it yourself or that it was imperative to your quirk usage. 

The brass knuckles she had been working on for years had finally come to the final stage, now no longer just knuckles. Izumi had made them into a pair of gloves, fingerless- like those she wore when sparing, and not made of any type of leather. The material was carbon-fiber based, meaning it was form-fitting, tear resistant, and would do its job well. 

Besides those, Izumi attached thin, metal plates to the bottom of her red shoes. These used air pressure to give her a speed boost as well as the ability to hover off the ground by a few inches. Slung around her waist, a red utility belt had four different pouches as well as two metal rods, one strapped to each side. On her thighs, Izumi wore red garters that had two different fans placed on each leg. 

Each of these things she would use for her final hero suit, the main body was currently sitting on a manikin in her room. The final touches were being made, yet most of it was already done. 

Kami-San said it was better to be confidant and ready, than self-deprecating and not prepared in the slightest. 

When Present Mic came over the speaker and shouted, "START," Izumi was the first to move. Years of little warning before her sensei pounced during matches had prepared her for this. 

Her boosters kept her in front of the crowd, even as they finally started moving. 

She came up on a cluster of bots, and kept running as she took out two tiny canisters from the right-most pouch of her belt. Pressing down on the green button on the top of the tiny black cylinders, Izumi slung them towards the bots. 

Electricity arched from the impact on the ground, two different clusters of bots going down.

Izumi didn't keep track of her points, knowing it would distract her from just doing what she needed to if she tried to keep count. 

Taking out the two metal rods, Izumi spun them in her hands as they extended into full bow staffs. Taking on the robots that swarmed her was simply a matter of keeping her breathing calm and working her way through the crowd. 

She had taken out a three pointer when she felt bored of the staffs, spinning them back into place on her hips as she whipped out the green fans on her thighs. These were thicker, sturdier, and built more for brute force than her other pair, that where were black instead. 

The green fans were speckled with black and red flowers. The tiny white butterflies seemed to flutter as she used the metal fans to wedge between the neck plates of the bots and sever their heads. 

A slash here, broken control panel. 

There, a fritzing power module. 

And those ones way over there had sparks flying around them as she tossed another grenade. 

Izumi took a breath as the last bot around her fell, glancing at the other competitors around her. 

She was going to go back to chopping away, when she caught something out of the corner of her eye. 

A boy with purple hair was running from a bot, his matching lilac eyes screamed fear and desperation. Izumi launched over to him, fan leaving her hand before she even got half way. The bot stopped, head gone, as Izumi touched down before the boy. 

"You okay?" She asked, panting a bit from exertion and adrenaline. 

"Y-yeah." The boy mumbled. "Th-thanks . . ." He seemed bitter about not being able to take down the bot, eyes losing hope as he looked around. 

She looked him over, he was lipping, and there was a gash down his right cheek. "Fine, but be careful. I'm not going to ask you to explain, but I have a guess that you came in here without a combat related quirk and without any actual experience fighting." She had no sympathy, really. No mater what his quirk was he could have done something to give him an edge. 

Izumi had after all. 

That was his own poor planning. 

"Get out of here. You're just going to get hurt. And I haven't seen any Zero-Pointers, which means that they are most likely dangerous and just meant for us to run from. Go." And with that, Izumi looked around again. 

As if her words brought them to life, a rumbling started. 

And a Zero-Pointer came forth, buildings and the streets crumbling in its wake. 

Everyone started running. 

Izumi was going to join them . . . but then she saw a flash of brown, heard a shout for help. 

And then she was sprinting towards the fight, her last two Electric Grenades in her right hand. With a flick of the button on her left-most pouch, Izumi attached sticky bases to her grenades. Then . . . They were flying through the air as she grabbed her staffs and shoved them under the edge of the slab of stone covering the girl's legs. 

Pressing the hidden buttons on the sides of the staffs, they extended and pried the stone off the girl. That's when Izumi flicked her green fans back out and stabbed them into the rock, pushing forward with all her might to totally flip the slab off the girl. 

The Zero-Pointer had stalled thanks to the grenades, but only for a few moments. 

That's all Izumi needed to throw the girl over her shoulder, grab her things, and make like a bat out of hell away from that damned thing. 

It wasn't the smoothest ride for the girl Izumi could have given, but she was much more concerned with getting them away than the comfort of her passenger. 

The test ended as Izumi cleared the rubble, legs shaking from the shock of adrenaline starting to drain out of her. She placed the girl down, leaning her up against a building, before sighing as she ran a hand over her forehead. 

"Thanks for the help." Izumi snapped at the kids gawking at her. "Can one of you be useful and get a nurse? The girl's leg is hurt, you know?" It was true, from her knees down the girl had gotten pretty roughed up. 

"No need, Dearie." A calm voice spoke over the stunned children. "I'm here." 

"Recovery Girl." Izumi bowed while panting. The Youthful Heroine, shuffled over, using her syringe-shaped cane as she passed out gummies.  

"That's enough of that, young lady." The old woman smiled, patting Izumi's cheek. "Have some gummies while I tend to this young girl." 

Izumi nodded, taking the gummies as she backed away. 

As they all left, Izumi held her chin high with pride. She did the best she could, now it was just up to the points to speak for themselves.