Not a Good Start ‖ Chapter 1

Bang.

The front doors of the DPD building flung open, the eyes of the people in the room became suddenly hushed by the loud sound.

Two people- no, two androids scurried towards the front desk, everyone in the room's focus lied on them.

“Captain Fowler, is he here?” asked the RK800, his voice rather rushed as he placed a panicked hand onto the table the other was behind.

“Yes, he just got ba-” the fellow android began before being cut off by the two's unexpected actions.

Connor was dragged off into the offices by his new partner, an RK900 that was assigned to him not too long ago. The androids were paired together right after the revolution of the deviants, which was about four months ago.

“H-Hey! Conan, that was rude of you to do that.” Connor mumbled, brushing off his left sleeve after being pulled away so barbarically from that poor ST300.

The tall animatronic being scuffed, those sky lit orbs of his rolling in a circle, like how the sun and moon rise up and fall again to the people of this chaotic world.

“We are in a rush, Connor, small talk with fellow machines are not necessary after receiving required knowledge or information.” the RK900 spoke, his voice mundane, yet a slight chill managed to slide down the prototype's metal spine.

Connor gulped, imitating what humans call, fear or unsteadiness by the other android. God, he was so unconfident with this relatively new partnership, they had no teamwork and quite frankly, had no trust nor cooperation.

And everyone knows you need cooperation to be a strong team, and to get the job done.

The RK800's LED flickered a processing hue, though the yellow tinge that bleaked between blue soon succumbed to the normal shade once more, washing the yellow into a light blue again.

He straightened his tie, his eye brows fairly narrowed while he cleared his throat to speak.

“Perhaps you are right, I do apologize for wasting such precious time.” Connor spoke softly, expecting words of surrender, pry themselves out of the other's lips as well.

But unexpectedly, the upgraded machine shook his head, his brows narrowed to an even further extent than Connor's, the aura around the robot, chilling to a intimidating presence.

“No need for such a pathetic apology. Now come, we have wasted enough  time with this pathetic little argument.” the RK900 grumbled, pushing past the smaller android, their shoulders colliding and creating a small thump as the fabrics touched.

Connor stepped back, a small huff escaping his lips as the force moved him so suddenly. After being locked into a few seconds of silence, the android sighed, turning and following after his counter part, unfortunately having to submit to work duties and deal with RK900 's superior actions.

What a terrible way to start the day off...