Chapter 1: Omega

Jungkook hated going to school. All it was for him, was a place where Alphas and Betas would try to either court him, or attempt to force him into their hold. He always hated it, ever since he presented when Puberty hit him, he was the rarest rank there was, and he was even rarer being a male.

Being an Omega wasn't as nice as everyone made it out to be. While the media made it seem like, as an Omega, you live your best life, without any worries, or problems, when in real life, they have to protect themselves from hungry and horny wolves, endure a heat up to ten times more painful than a beta's and distance yourself from everyone until you find a mate who will keep you safe from it all... But Jungkook didn't want that. He hated how his family told the world how their youngest child was an Omega, gaining them money, fame and popularity and Jungkook just got more problems.

Jungkook is fully aware that every wolf who has ever attempted to court him, is only doing it for his rank. He hates himself most days because of what he is, and constantly wonders if things could have been different if he was... Of course they could've been...

The young omega woke up at the same time, to the same room, to the same feeling like every other morning in this place. It was 4:30 AM. It was too early for any of his other family to be awake, which he was thankful for. It meant that Jungkook could do what he's always done, without being caught.

Being what an Omega is meant to be.

As far as his family knows, Jungkook hates everything related to being an Omega; only his Grandmother knows the truth, and often covers for him when the others notice something.

Jungkook crept to his Grandmother's room, and approached her bed. He shook her slightly and she slowly opened her eyes, like always. She gave her signature, sweet, warm smile to the younger and walked with him downstairs to turn on all of the lights and help him get everything ready.

Jungkook carried a black bucket, filled with warm, soapy water and mopped over the entire house's hardwood and marble floors thoroughly in only half an hour. He had done it that many times, it was easy for him. Then, while the floors were drying, he proceeded to the kitchen where he hadn't yet cleaned and began to make breakfast, consisting of bacon, eggs, pancakes, French toast, two fresh pots of coffee and a single pot of tea for his Grandmother.

Jungkook was so engrossed in cooking that he didn't notice his family entering he kitchen and watching him carefully. He made everything exactly how his family liked it.

A few minutes later Jungkook looked up to find everyone looking at him with a mixture of emotions swirling in their brown orbs. Confusion? Shock? Happiness? Hope?

"How long have you been standing there?" The Omega's voice was quiet and full of self-loathing. His mother approached him and hugged him, not speaking a single word. She slowly let go and lead him to take a seat on the breakfast bar.

"Jungkook... Have you finally accepted what you are... After so long?" Jungkook looked up from his lap, into her eyes. He sighed and slowly nodded, taking in the large smiles taking place on his parent's, and even his sister's face. They were all Alphas, while Jungkook and his Grandmother were Omegas, some of the only ones in all of Korea. "Mother... Please don't take this as a signal that I'm ready to find a mate... Because I'm not... I'm only 18..."

Jungkook's mother never cared for him, and only shows him affection when it's in her best interest. It's the reason he is so close with his Grandmother, as the woman never liked her son's choice in a mate. Jungkook's mother was a pure gold digger and only cared for the young omega because he could marry any available, wealthy wolf and they'd gladly take him, and then half of their fortune would reside with him, and he could give it to her. He plan was flawless in her eyes.

After Jungkook finished speaking, she abruptly stood up, and her state was as cold as always. "I'll arrange for some Alphas to come and court you. Don't let me down again." With that, she wondered away in her black blazer, pencil skirt and stiletto heals. He felt tears sting the corners of his eyes and the realisation that he left the food cooking dawned upon him. He rushed to the kitchen to find his Grandmother finishing where he left off. He approached her and gave her a sweet kiss on her cheek. He loved her. She was always like a mother to him.

When his heats first came, she would always soothe him through them until his sixth heat where he could then take his suppressants. He was afraid to take them any earlier as he had heard stories of Omegas who couldn't have kids because they stopped their womb growing strong enough. Even if Jungkook hated being an Omega before, he'd never damage his body. He knew that one day he might want kids and he never let the thought leave his mind.

As Jungkook got older, he managed to endure the pains of his heat alone. He also worked hard to make his body physically strong and improve his own looks as he was still very self-conscious of his body. He was still an Omega, after all. They were shy and often insecure by nature. Until they find a mate, this is how they'd always be. Now, Jungkook had abs, muscles, a sharp jaw line, handsome features and amazing athletic prowess, but wasn't allowed by his school to compete in competitions and contests because of his rank. That's one of the things he always hated about being an Omega.

Jungkook is with his family, like every morning, and went to get dressed soon after. He decided to wear black, skinny jeans with rips in the knees, a white T-shirt and Timberlands. It was simular to what he usually wore. His tops were often always oversized to hide his insecurities, which he hugely appreciates from the loose clothing. He grabbed his backpack, and got into the car where his personal driver was waiting to take him to school.