Chapter 2: Friends

The ride to school was relatively quick and he was in the halls of the school within a few minutes. He would often find Alphas eyeing him and Betas looking at him longingly. Jungkook has two friends in this entire school,  and he only accepted them as true friends once they were both mated, with eachother and another beta. Jungkook has heard of situations like this one, where an Alpha will have two mates which will make it a polygamous relationship, where they'd all have two mating marks. He believes the other beta is named Hoseok, but he isn't sure. They often refer to them as Hope or Sunshine. Jungkook never understood how people can be so close as to accept them in your life forever as your mate for life... He would never understand these things.

They were all in the halls when a newly mated couple wondered down the halls, receiving claps from the school in celebration. The omega joined in too, as he knew one of them from music class. The bell went, breaking up the cheers and the halls were soon empty. Jungkook always sat at the very back corner of every class, near the second door to the room, only to be used in emergencies. He's had to run out of a class before because one of his Alpha teachers began their rut in the middle of a lecture and he had to go and hide before he was raped. He was the only Omega in the school, after all, so nobody else would seem as appealing to an Alpha in that time. Another thing he hated about being an Omega, but also another thing he's come to accept.

Jungkook's day was the same as usual, the only classes he actually enjoys anymore are Art, Music, Vocals and sometimes PE, when they're not swimming or doing anything that exposes more skin than needed. He sat at the lunch table with his two friends, laughing, until a group of all Alphas approached them. "Hey there cutie... Wanna come with us and... Have some fun?" He gave Jungkook a lustful look and they all released dominating scents. Taehyung quickly swapped his seat with the Omega and he pushed Jungkook's nose between his and his mate's necks to try and block out their scents. Yoongi always got mad when they tried to do this, resulting in a lot of violence and many people fearing the small Alpha. Yoongi pushed Jungkook's face into the crook of Tae's neck and he rose to face the Alphas. Even with six against one, Yoongi wins every time, so when he stood up they quickly backed away and left them alone.

He turned back to his mate to find him comforting a sobbing Jungkook, who always feels like it's his fault they're doing this, and how he shouldn't have been born and things like that. It makes both the beta and the Alpha's blood boil whenever people cause this to happen.

The rest of the day, the Omega wasn't up to smiling, or laughing. As soon as the dismissal bell for the end of the day rung, he was running to his car where his driver was waiting patiently and he was driven home.

Upon his arrival, he found his Grandmother waiting for him on the front porch. Something was wrong. He slowly exited the car, and approached the stressed woman. "Grandmother?" She looked at Jungkook with pity and took both of his hands in hers while looking up at him. "Your mother... She's brought home Alphas... They all want to be your mate Jungkook... I'm sorry Kook, I couldn't protect you like I always have." She pulled the younger, but larger omega in for a long hug. She then let go and looked at him as if seeing herself in him. "Your family awaits. Your sister will be there to help you, little pup, but your mother has requested that I stay out of the way. I'll be in my room." She walked in the house, soon followed by Jungkook who shut the door, but made sure he didn't lock it. He walked hesitantly into the living room to find three unknown males, and three unknown females, all sat together on the large sofa. Jungkook kept his head down and sat next to his sister who whispered comforting words into his ear and released a calming scent for her brother. She had always pitied him, and what their mother does to them, but she could never challenge her. Speak of the witch, she rose from her seat and approached the shy creature, pulling him up to show off to the Alphas. "This, is my son. Introduce yourself." He tone was cold and it frightened the boy a little. "I-I'm... Jeon
Jungk-kook." He felt a slight pain coming from where his mother was holding his wrist, probably punishing him for his stuttering. Each alpha stood and shook hands with Jungkook, releasing their scents on the weaker. The last Alpha to stand was taller than Jungkook, (A/N: I know he should be smaller but just for this book, okay?) and domiance radiated off him without any effort needed. He approached the Omega and gave him a kind hand shake, while releasing a calming scent, but also a hint of a scent he has never sensed before. It was sweet, and smelt of roses and lillies, yet a hint of summer rain lied in the mix. As soon as he came, the Alpha was gone. His name never left his mind though.

Just to make matters worse, Jungkook was to cook for everyone tonight. He made Lamb Skewers, a fresh vegetable salad, and a homemade dressing for a starter, a full steak or chicken meal with vegetables and various sides like potatoes and stuffing for everyone and the meat depended on their preference. For desert, the Omega made a light, fluffy cake and added icing patterns and different colours for decoration.

Throughout the meal, everyone except his family and the mysterious alpha from earlier complimented his cooking, and how they'd love to eat it more often... Jungkook knew that this was a not so subtle hint that they wanted him to choose him. As the dinner progressed, Jungkook nudged his sister and gave her pleading eyes. She knew exactly what was happening. She signalled for their grandmother to come and take Jungkook to his room, as his heat was coming quickly.

Jungkook's mother had an evil smile on her face, which was seen by her husband, daughter, mother-in-law and her only son. When one of the Alphas questioned where the Omega was being taken, she didn't hesitate to tell them.

"He is in his heat... Prime time for mating, might I add." They all shared a knowing look, excluding the unusual alpha and without him, slowly followed their desired upstairs. When they reached his room, they were devastated to find his door locked. Then all tried knocking, but Jungkook simply plead for them to leave because his scent becomes to k string and they get the chance to sense it.

The lone Alpha downstairs was still eating as each alpha asked the Omega for entrance. The family gave him weird looks, before he reached into his pocket, and pulled out suppressants which work for both heats and ruts. He walked to the door of the Alpha after excusing himself kindly and simply walked past everyone outside of the door. They all made way for him, so they could see him be rejected too, not knowing about his gift to the elderly woman and her grandson.

He knocked lightly on the door and heard the old woman call out saying that they can't come in. He decided to speak. "I have suppressants with me that I ususally use on my rut, but they work on heats as well." He bent down and slid them under the door, and they were quickly picked up by someone on the other side, and then soothing words could be heard. The cries died down and the door was slowly opened to reveal a disheveled omega, covered in a layer of sweat. He stepped out of the door and looked directly at his saviour. He walked over and hugged him, not caring if he didn't want it. He just saved him from potentially being raped.

"Thank you... Jimin."