I

Today was the day your life would change, soon you would no longer bear the surname Woods but come the faithful day take the surname Stark.

You were absolutely certain that Tony was going to propose. He had been looking at you with those "proposal eyes" and recently he had gone away to visit his grandmother and as the other girls told you that could only mean one thing. He was getting the heirloom ring; a gold band decorated with a six-carat diamond. You were already planning outfits to wear that would fit the classiness of the ring.

This also meant that the entire day (read: week) was spent in a panic. Finding the perfect dress proved trickier than thought, it couldn't look like something you would have worn on a normal date but it also couldn't look to bridal - you had to leave Tony his pride.

"What do you guys think about this?" you stepped out the dressing room spinning in front of Wanda and Maria as they took in the new dress.

"I think you should go with this one. I mean, red is the colour of confidence and love," Wanda said.

"I still think you should stick to your signature colour! Red is nice but it's no pink," Maria said tilting her head to get a better look.

"I don't want to look like I would on any other date," you smoothed your palms down the dress. This dress had to be perfect.

"It does look good but Maria makes a great point. I mean, he's going to propose! You should wear your signature colour, and feel as confident and beautiful as you always do." Wanda agreed, changing her mind.

You sighed as you examined the dress in front of the large mirror, "You guys are right. I shouldn't wear something completely different than I always have - it might shock Tony." You laughed and brought the girls in for a group hug, "I can always count on you two!"

You had grown up with Wanda and Maria, all living in the same neighbourhood in houses near each other. You had been inseparable ever since and you couldn't be happier to have them by your side. They would make the perfect bridesmaid's.

"Did you see this one? We just got it in yesterday!" An employee came up to you holding a pink dress that she had just torn the sale price tag off.

"Oh!" you said looking at the dress, "with a half-loop stitch on China silk?"

The saleswoman visibly bristled but quickly regained herself, "Yes. Of course." She gave you a smile like it couldn't possibly be anything else. A smile of camaraderie that only served to put you more on edge.

"The thing is, though, you can't use a half-loop stitch on China silk, it'll pucker. And you didn't just get this in, I saw it the June Vogue a year ago." You gave her a sugar sweet smile as she walked away in embarrassment.

"Can you believe she actually tried that?" You gasped at the girls, "I mean, I may be blonde, but I'm not that blonde."

***

The choice was made and a few hours later you were waiting for Tony to arrive in a The girls were right and you definitely felt more comfortable and confident wearing this dress than you would have in the red one.

"He's here!" several girls squealed excitedly from downstairs.

Life in a sorority meant having no privacy which sometimes played in your favour like this time giving you a heads up.

"Ladies," Tony said as he walked inside. A few sighs and high pitched whines left the girls, who had scrambled into the foyer, as he winked at them. Tony knew he was handsome and he definitely knew how to work his charm. He was the cutest boy around and you were lucky to have snagged him. He made you the happiest girl in the world.