Chapter 2

"W-What?!" Lloyd exclaimed

"Your Uncle, is our Sensei." Kai said slowly "He, and your Mom, told us not to tell you, who your father is."

"Wh-Why didn't they... Why didn't they want me to know?"

"They... They didn't want you to know, so you wouldn't have to live in fear of your father finding you. But he found you, and he has your mom, and... Man Sensei's gonna kill us." Kai sighed

"We're almost to the Monastery." Cole said "Let's go."

"Wouldn't my father have come after us if he wants me so badly?" Lloyd asked

"No. Even the King has things he can't do. Your Uncle was banished from the castle, and forbidden from being near your mother, but, you weren't born yet when he was banished, so your dad couldn't forbid him from being near you. Now, Sensei Wu is kind of the only way you can escape your father."

"Why?"

"Because, he's banished from being near the King. So, you're safe from your father, and you can be trained to fight so you can save your mother!"

"So... How'd you guys meet my Uncle?"

"Well, technically, everything started before we were born. All of our parents, Jay's mom, my mom, Nya and Kai's parents, your father and uncle, faught side by side in The Serpentine Wars."

"What about Zane?"

"The master of Ice did fight in the war... But Zane's not his kid... Zane's a-"

"Zane's a NINDROID!" Jay yelled

"Anyway... Our parents were friends with Sensei Wu, er, your dad was his brother obviously, but Wu told them of how their elemental powers would be passed down to the next generation. Us. Your powers, that we aren't sure you have, skipped a generation, or so we think, from your grandfather, to you."

"And who was my grandfather?" Lloyd asked

"The First Spinjitzu Master. The First King Of Ninjago. The One Half Oni Half Dragon. Whichever name you prefer to call him. "

"So you think I have powers?" Lloyd laughed "You think I can move mountains? Or maybe summon a big golden dragon made of magic dust?" Lloyd laughed

"You don't believe a word I just said, do you." Cole sighed "Lloyd, I'm telling the truth. I promise."

"And what if I don't, have this 'Special Power'?" Lloyd asked "What do you expect me to be? Some sort of legendary hero who's destined to save Ninjago from my father?"

"Um..."

That's when Lloyd thought of something. "Did you guys become my friends because my uncle and mother told you to?"

"Lloyd-"

"No answer the question. Did you become my friends because you wanted to, or because my mom and uncle told you to?"

"At first-"

"I knew it." Lloyd muttered as tears filled his eyes. "I've fallen for a lot of crap before. But I actually believed you guys wanted to be my friends." Tears dripped to the ground "I can't believe I was so stupid."

"Lloyd. Please listen, at first, it... It was the fact that we were told to. Sensei was worried that your dad would go after you, and find you, so he had us act like your friends, so we could protect you. " Kai said tying to calm Lloyd down "But please listen. Let me explain what happened." Lloyd looked at Kai. "We know you put a lot of trust in us, so we slowly actually wanted to be your friends and-"

"You didn't even want to be my friends." Lloyd continued to cry

"Ack bad choice of words! Okay? Lloyd, we are your friends, we care a lot about you. We would never want to lose your trust. Even though, we probably did." Kai went to set a hand on Lloyd's shoulder. Lloyd moved away from Kai. "Lloyd, please. Please listen." Kai sighed "We didn't want to tell you, because we didn't want to hurt you."

"And because we were ordered not to tell you." Jay said flatly

"Shut up Jay!" Cole said as he whack Jay on the back of the head

"Lloyd. Please. Please understand." Kai begged quietly

Lloyd wiped the tears out of his eyes. "I wish I could. And you've all lost a lot of my trust." Lloyd sighed "But I'm no good at holding grudges, so I'll probably be over it in a few hours." Lloyd laughed as he shrugged

Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, and Nya all laughed and hugged Lloyd. "C'mon, let's get up to the monastery." Cole smiled as the group continued up the pass