Chapter 1

"You...you can't do this to me!! Y-you just c-can't!!" He reached his arm out for him, gripping onto a hoodie that had been given to him. He looked down at the hoodie in tears and saw a single drop of water on it from himself.

He wishes he could just have him back again.

~present day~

He flipped his pink hair with a single black stripe in it to his left side and continued typing ideas for a story. His black and white flannel matched the hoodie he got from his boyfriend when they departed 10 years ago. Taking a break to just fix his ripped jeans and hoodie, he realized he didn't have any plot for a story except one. It would be more of a narrative and he sucks at them, but it's worth a shot to get into the writing industry. He opened up a new document and thought of a title, only ending up with Lemons due to how the story was going to revolve around a lemon farm. He cracked his fingers and finally started his story that he postponed for 26 days now. He was going to write this when the year started yet got caught up in a high school reunion.

He finished two chapters and 5 green teas before the store was about to close. He quickly went on to save the document, pack up his things, and leave with one last green tea for the go. He followed the streetlights and sipped small bits of the warm and soothing tea as he got in his steps for the day. The gym wore out his legs a bit, but sitting down regained enough strength for him to make it home. At least, that was gonna be it until he stopped at the bridge and thought. It's been 10 years since he's had any feeling of having someone there, and he's found himself at the bridge he used to jump off. Without realizing, he got on and was standing at the edge. He looked down into the dark, harsh water and sighed. Maybe he'd do it today.

He took off his hoodie and shoes. Writing a note on a sticky note he found in his bag, he didn't notice a guy stopping with his husky to see what he was doing. Usagi stood there for a moment and thought about just why he should stay. Finally, anfer changing his mind, he turned around. Usagi slipped off the edge into the roaring waters. He only say the bridge before the river knocked him out

+++

He woke up with a start. He sat up in bed and looked around. The sheets seemed to glow in the sunlight, and the room was neat overall. He looked down and realized that he was wearing a random person's clothes. Even though he may be kidnapped right now, the abductor seems to be nice....at least for now though. His blue and brown eyes glittered in the morning spotlight as he got out of bed. He fixed his earrings and put on his glasses. He felt his cheeks feeling warm as the silence filled the room. He's been in silence for years. All he can hear is the fain tone of your voice, and red your lips to it. He's been made fun of and left alone ever since people found out that he was deaf. Unlike others though, he completely understands everything people say.

He made his way downstairs by following the scent of melting chocolate. He poked his head in the kitchen to find a tall, young man around his age. He was wearing a blue apron that contrasted from his yellow and orange color pallet of clothing. He smiled at the soft and calming atmosphere the man gave the house. He red the small stitched name on the apron at the back.

"Mr. Denis..?" Usagi asked, hoping that was his name.

"Ah, good morning to you, Usagi! You don't need to call me mister though. I'm in all your classes with you! Ever heard me?" Denis replied. He was in all of Usagi's classes. Just, Usagi never really gave him any attention.

"Denis....ah you're the guy always sent out in class! Why did you bring me here?"

"Because you had nowhere else to. Now you can get ready for the day. We're going out to get tea and clothes for you," Denis shot back. He brought Usagi to the table and gave him a cup of his favorite: green tea with a hint of lemon. Usagi immediately squeaked in happiness and savored it. Denis was making his way back to the kitchen when he felt Usagi's arms wrap around him from behind.

"Thank you!!!" Usagi whisper-yelled.

"You're welcome. Now get some crepes to eat before getting ready. We have a big day ahead!"

+++

Usagi slipped on his glasses and sweater shirt. Fixing his tie, he decides to put his pink and yellow hair in a low ponytail and wear Denis's jacket that he found in the room. Smiling at his reflection, he slides on his tinted-colored circle lens glasses and makes his way downstairs while buttoning the jacket. His bandaged arms burned up in heat, yet it would be cold outside so it'll be cooled down. His red converse popped out against his other clothes in different colors. Happily though, he didn't mind, as long as Denis thought it was cute. He still followed the cute and chill style he always went for. Putting on his beanie hat, he glanced at the tall guy who saved him just the other day. Usagi saw Denis wink at him, and proceeded to run outside and trample him as punishment.

"IDIOT!!! WHY'D YOU DO THAT, EH?! GOD WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO STUPID!!!" Usagi screamed. Denis covered his mouth with his own sleeves before responding.

"Because your reactions are priceless," Denis replied with a snarky tone of voice. Without another word, Denis took Usagi's hand and started running to a nearby store.

"Quick!! Before they're out of tea!!" he yelled to get Usagi to hurry up. Within seconds, Usagi was the one dragging Denis by the hand in a rush. He sprinted up to the store and let go of Denis, leaving him to slam into the doors.

Usagi snickered. "Be more careful next time~," Usagi shot at Denis with a smirk. He walked in alone and went to the tea and cookies section of the store and went on a photo shopping spree. He'd take photos of what he'd like to buy and kept it on his phone for later. He didn't see Denis sneaking photos of him without his attention. Denis went up behind him and squeezed his sides, making Usagi scream loudly. Denis sprinted away as soon as Usagi finished screaming in fear and going into anger screaming. They calmed down when they were out of the store and didn't apologize to each other. Denis and Usagi walked with each other in silence. Without realizing, they both reached over to each other and held hands subconsciously. They smiled at it without stopping or realizing just what they were doing in general.

They passed by a Chinese restaurant and stopped. Usagi looked up at Denis, and Denis nodded without another word. They made their way in and realized that they were holding hands. They quickly pulled away from each other and made distance. We're only friends.... Usagi thought. Or...is it meant to be more...? Low on money, they decide they're gonna split meals and then split the bill. After they got a booth at the place, they looked at the menu. It wasn't too hard to think of meals to get, since they ended up having the same interests in food.

When the waiter got to the table, Denis agreed to say what they'd like. "Yes, may we have the Dim Sums with Hot and Sour soup, Spring Rolls, Stir Fried Tofu with Rice, Szechuan chilli chicken and the Chao Mein? For drinks may we have green tea?" The waiter wrote down the order and went off. Usagi and Denis both just happily talked about animals and how stupid drama is at school. When the waiter came back with everything, they split the food and happily ate. Usagi's cheeks were rosy again and he smiled at Denis. Denis blushed profusely as well and snuck a few photos of Usagi without his knowing.

Without them truly realizing, they were holding hands over the table while eating to make sure the other stays. Usagi asked for to go boxes when they finished and soon they made their way home. Denis decided to break out the question.
"So....do you have a lover?" Denis asked shyly. His face went red from the fact that he would ask this.

"No, yet I do have a crush," Usagi replied playfully.

Denis blurted out, "I wanna know who!!!!" Usagi chuckled and winked.

"You'll find out when I tell them. It's so you don't get in the way of me and him." Usagi walked home ahead of Denis, leaving him to be a confused trainwreck. Usagi put up the to-go boxes before going to bed.

+++

Usagi woke up with tears running down his cheeks. He went through every room until he found one with an apparent large teddy bear laying down. He lays down in bed and had the teddy bear hold him. Usagi fell asleep, not knowing that the teddy bear was actually is childhood crush: Denis.