Chp 6

Hiccup POV

After I texted Merida, I excused myself from the table and went to the library. There I found Elsa alone reading a book that looked like the one Jack ripped, but when I got a closer look, it wasn't.

"Hey Elsa"

"Hi"

"Watcha reading?"

"Oh just the Fault in Our Stars"

"I've heard of that book. Is it your favorite?"

"Well one of them. I've read it like 8 times already. Its so good but my favorite was the one Jack ripped up." She said sounding upset.

"Oh yea... *sigh* sorry about that.." I replied.

"It's fine... My Mother gave me that book. It was the last thing I had left of her." She said. I saw tears form in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away and stood up.

"Well I think I'm going to head to class. Bye Hiccup." She said as she walked away to class. Well I guess I'll wait for Mer now.

Merida POV

"Does anyone else think Hiccup is acting a little weird? Almost like he's hiding something?" Jack asked us.

"Yea. He skipped class and everyone knows he doesn't skips class. Like EVER." Punzie replied.

"Well he told me to meet him in the library. So I'll talk to him." I told them. 

Soon the bell rang and I headed off to the library.

I soon reached the library and spotted Hiccup sitting bye a bookshelf reading as always. I walked over to him and sat down beside him.

"Hic, love? What did you need to talk about? Whats wrong and why have you been acting weird today? You skipped class. You never do that."

"Look Mer, I was helping Elsa and-" wait did he just say he was helping ELSA!? Are you kidding me? HER!?

"WHAT!? You were heloing HER!?" I asked seriously pissed off. How could he? Why would he help that freak!?

Then something happened that I did NOT see coming.

"LET ME FINISH MERIDA!!!" He yelled at me. Woah. He's serious. He never yells at anyone especially me.

"Fine." I replied and quickly shut up. I knew he was serious amd I wasn't gonna push him any farther.

"When you guys were done and went to class, I came back to check on Elsa. I don't know why but I just had this feeling. When I went back I saw Elsa huddled up crying on the floor and I don't know. I felt bad. So I say down and started patting her back, but she soon pulled back, scared, thinking I was just like you guys and that her life was already 'bad enough' without us torturing her more. Why? She never told me but then we started talking and getting to know each other. She actually pretty nice. Oh and that book Jack tore up. That was given to her by her mother and it's the last thing she has left of her. I don't see why you guys bully her. Tgeres really no reason to. So why do y'all?" He explained. Honestly I kinda started to tear up a bit but blinked them away quickly before he noticed. I feel so bad now. I I can't take it back but if I could, I would. I didn't know she lost her mom.... We never really had a reason to.. Jack started it mainly.

"I'm so sorry.. I feel so bad now.. But you know Jack amd Punzie will be furious." I told him and kissed him on his cheek.

"Right so let's go to class" he said while grabbing my hand.

So we went off to class, hand in hand, and we were only a few minutes kate but the teacher just left us be.

~~Time Skip to End of School~~

Elsa POV

Finally the end of school. Now to go home and deal with my dad. Just great.

Along the way I noticed this baby bird that had fallen out of his nest amd stopped to help him back into his nest. I knew I was gonna be late but I had to help.

Soon I arrived home and stepped inside. When I looked up from closing the door, I saw my father charging at me. Oh no.

"YOU'RE LATE!!" he yelled while holding me by my braid making me wince in pain amd drop all my stuff.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered out.

"You're sorry? YOU'RE SORRY!? WELL SORT DOESN'T CUT IT! EVERY MINUTE YOU'RE LATE, IT'S AN EXTRA 2 BEATINGS!!" He screamed in my face.

"N-no please father. I'm sorry." I cried. By now I was scared. He slapped me.

"SHUT UP YOU FREAK! I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO SPEAK!!" He screamed. After that he got his belt and started whooping me. The he threw me to the ground and started kicking me. I took one full hard kick to the head amd passed out.

Memories started playing in my head.

*Memory 1*

My mom, Anna and I were in the backyard playing princesses. Mom was the queen of course. Dad would sometimes play as king and Anna and I are the princesses.

"Princess Elsa." Anna playfully said while courtseying.

"Princess Anna." I said courtseying while giggling. After that we had a tea party. Then Mom got a call amd went inside.

*End of Memory*

*Memory 2*

It was winter and Anna and I were outside building a snowman. I then got behind it and started moving his arms and talking.

"Hi. Im Olaf amd I like warm hugs." I said, well Olaf said, to Anna. She started giggling.

"I love you Olaf." She yelled as she ran up amd hugged our snowman. I wish he could come to life.

*Memory Over*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi luvs welcome back to another chapter of Behind that Broken Smile.

How are you enjoying the updated parts so far?

I hope you guys are liking it. I'm not finished I'm still putting the updated chapters on here. Its gonna take me a few more days maybe even a week. In sorry for the long wait but stayed tuned.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

Bye

~AnnaMSabo