🐭🐭🐭

Another four in the morning start to Melody's work day and yet it's already over. Well, work is anyway.

Melody drove back to her apartment where her beloved dog is waiting patiently for her to arrive.

Going through her usual routine, Melody fills the bowl up and feeds her dog. After a twenty minute walk, she opens her text books and begins reading.

However she just can't focus. Sure she hangs out with friends when she doesn't have a class to go to or when she's free from work.

"What do you think girl?" She asks her pooch. The dog merely looked at her.

"Wanna go to our spot?"

Her ears perked up, wagging her nub. Melody giggles as she grabs her leash again, heading toward the door.

It's a thirty minute walk from her apartment but it's great exercise for them. Plus the beach side is quite peaceful and empty.

It's a secrete area that Melody discovered one day. Ever since, she's came back to this spot to relax.

Not a single person knows about this spot. At least, not that she knows of or ever seen.

The waves crashing against the boulders  grabs her attention. Melody dips her hands into the water, feeling the chillness of the element.

Not a day goes by when she wishes every day could be like this.

Right then, as she breathes in the fresh summer air into her lungs, her phone buzzes.

It was a random number. Who in the world, Melody thought to herself.

After asking who it was, another message delivered.

To her surprise it was Rimfire asking if she can help him out with their class' current chapter.

I forgot that we traded numbers about a week ago for that project.

A project in which the two received another A+ each on their next assignment.

If Melody had to be honest, it was most likely the only reason why she even paid any mind to him. Unlike other guys who just wanted to sweet talk her into doing their assignments for them.

With a quick reply, Melody and her dog head back home where she'll collect her school work and meet up with Rimfire.

Though she can't help but to find it strange that he'd want to study with her. As noted before, Rimfire is exceptionally smart. Always getting fantastic grades on all his assignments, well behaved during class, helps out where he can.

Well, if the other girls ever let him. She had seen too many girls get bullied because he helped them out with some class work. Even Melody had been a victim a couple times, however, it only took those few times for those girls to realize that she isn't someone to mess with.

Bottom line is that it's alright if it's in class but outside of that is a complete different story. Mainly for the fact that they don't have common spaces or mutual friends. What were the chances of hanging out or running into out and about?

"Come on Mel, this is Rimfire we're talking about." She tells herself. "He's just a nice guy who needs help with school."

On her way back to the city streets, she actually gets spotted by Rimfire, whom was on his way back to the score board. He slows down, pulling up next to her.

"Hey, Melody."

"Hey-y."

He smiles at her as she looks away. He thought she was cute trying to hide behind her bangs.

Just as soon as he's getting lost in staring at Melody's features, her dog startles Rimfire, sniffing his leg.

"Sorry. She likes sniffing everything." Melody says and chuckles, patting the dogs head.

"Oh, it's okay. She's just a dog, doing her thing." They share an awkward laugh.

"Um, I just got to put her up and grab my stuff and I'll meet you?"

"Sure. Need a lift?"

"It's okay, it's just down here. But thanks." Melody waves as she head towards the apartment building.

Melody doesn't even turn back, wondering how quinky-dink that was; it wasn't very long ago that she just got a text from him before they see each other.

However, this doesn't exclude the possibility he's been hanging out somewhere with his own set of friends.

'Why can't I keep my paranoia in check?'

As Melody enters her apartment, she quickly puts her dog up and grabs her things.

Only, as she's doing that, the sight of Limburger Plaza can be seen from her window as it crashes down to the ground...again.

"Well at least the construction workers are making good money nowadays." She mumbles to herself.

A thought crossed her mind. Perhaps she should be careful hanging out with a guy like Rimfire. Though having a motorcycle is badass and attractive, there can be a few unwanted things that come along with such a look.

Such as people who like causing problems, starting fights, etc.

As she takes the elevator, Melody conversates aloud.

"He could just be as busy as myself. Needing to be everywhere at once."

Sighing to herself, Melody pats down her hair and heads back out the double doors.

Melody spots Rimfire immediately, hanging out by the front door to the lobby! He hadn't even left the sidewalk as he awaited for her return.

"Thought you might actually want a ride. Besides you were quick about it." When Rimfire smiles, her face begins to light up.

"I guess it's okay."

"Have you ever ridden on one before?" He asks, sticking his helmet on her head instead.

"Once..." She nervously says.

One time was enough...right?