Chapter.8

The sun slowly began to rise over the golden sands of the desert, burning away the once crisp and cool air. Shining through the window, the light warmed the face of the hero, gently waking him from his sleep. Stirring from his sleep, his green hat had fallen from his head and onto the floor, and his scarf was in a mess. He rubbed his eyes, yawning as he sat up from the bed. His blue eyes squinted a bit at the bight light in front of them. It was warm and very bright. Finally standing up, he stretched his arms out before giving a quick sigh of relief. And despite his aching muscles from yesterdays training, he honestly enjoyed the burn.

He fixed his hair and scarf a bit before putting on his boots and hat. But waking up in another room beside his own back at Hyrule, was definitely different. The day scorched his skin while the night froze it...it was no wonder Ganon wanted the lush lands of Hyrule but things were better now. They had more resources to keep them warm at night and hydrated during the day.

Hearing loud cheering and shouting, Link went over to his window and pulled the curtains open. Looking outside to spot the location of the voices, he spotted Ganondorf and Zant down below with a group of Gerudo warriors and monster warriors. It looked like they were having fun with some competitive sparing matches and from the looks of how Zant was holding onto that beautiful looking watermelon, that was to be the prize for the winner. A nice cool and sweet watermelon was most definitely a rewarding prize after fighting in this kind of heat. 

The hero was excited by this event and quickly made his way over, hoping to join in on the fun, especially if he got to face off against the demon lord. However...eve if it was just to fight the demon lord, Link just couldn't help but feel weird to be excited about Ghirahim, no matter in what way, it was still weird, right? That aside, Link continued to make his way outside until he was finally joined in the big crowd. But before he was even in there for 5 seconds, a large hand grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him over.

"Ah, Link, you decided to join us" Ganondorf grinned eagerly.

"Uh, well ye-" Before Link could finish or even change his mind about fighting, Ganon already made the announcement.

"Fighting in my stead. Who dares to challenge the great hero Link?" Link was surprised to hear he would be fighting in Ganondorf's place but sure enough, a great number of monsters and Gerudos wanted a chance against him. Stepping into the large ring surrounded by the audience. Link faced off a few different monster and Gerudo warriors. All of them were worthy opponents but the hero stood victorious each round, getting the crowd excited with each win. Just when the hero thought he was finally going to get his hands on that watermelon, Ghirahim had suddenly appeared before him. His crisp blue eyes locked onto the demon lord, feeling those deep and dark earth colored eyes watching his every move. From the sound of the crowd, it seemed that this was a much long awaited fight for all to see. 

"I'll be your final opponent, boy" The demon lord declared, licking his lips in delight. Link, on the other hand, wiped the sweat off from his forehead, feeling confident.

"Don't even think about holding back on me Ghirahim" Was all the hero had to say before the two became engaged in a fierce battle. Ganondorf watched in delight, confident in the skills of his powerful weapon. Zant watched, only in hopes, the hero would teach the demon lord a lesson for him...as well as study the two together.

Link came down at the demon lord with a slash but as expected, Ghirahim had vanished and appeared behind d him, sending multiple daggers towards him. The hero deflected as many as he could but one had slipped by him and dug itself deep within his leg.
Link cried out, falling to his knee. He eyed the dagger intensely with trembling hands. The fear of the pain he would feel should he try to remove it.