Chapter 4:Truth of Dare

I've been in the pack for a week now. Most of the people were so nice to me. My daily routine is training, take Wes to school, go to work, pick up Wes after school, stay home. I don't go out and my life revolves around Wes and making sure he's okay.

I don't go out to party or do stuff that the average people in their early 20s do. I don't have time for all of that nor do I want to.

It was Friday morning and I was at work with Harriet. A little boy got in contact with silver and it hurt his knees badly so here I am applying the paste to his knee.

"Girl!!" A familiar voice spoke and footsteps appeared behind me from the door of my office

"Oh no" I say and turn to see Jerome.

"Harriet will whoop your ass. She already told you not to do come here anymore" I warn.

"She can't whoop what she can't catch" he jokes.

I rolled my eyes playfully and went back to helping the little boy.

"So anyway, it's Friday and the Alpha is back and he's throwing a bonfire. Would you like to come?" Jerome ask.

"Absolutely Not! I have a brother to take care of" I decline.

"Get someone to babysit"

"Also I rather not. I already had enough of these men hitting on me, just imagine how worse they will be when around alcohol" I explain while packing the little boy's wound.

"I won't force you. I will bring you some of the delicious food. If you don't want to see shirtless hot men then do you boo boo" he reply. He was very reasonable and I appreciate that.

"Thanks for all that good food. Say hi to the Alpha for me. We haven't met yet" I wave at him as he left.

Right after he left, another one walked in. What is this? I always had a resting bitch face. People try to stay away from me, but in this pack, it's like they can't get enough of me.

"What, Amir?" I bark. His eyes widen at my tone

"I thought we were cool now"

"Fine, sorry. It's just annoying when people keep distracting me from my job" I tell him.

"I'll be quick. Are you coming to the bonfire?" He ask.

"Like I'm saying to everyone, my answer is a NO"

"The Alpha won't be happy" he informs.

"Well I trust you to cover for me" I stood up and helped the little boy up. I walked him to the waiting room where his mom was.

"It should all be fine in about 30 minutes. No running till then" I tell the boy and hand him a lollipop.

He snatched it from me happily and goes to his mom. He walks back to me and gives me a hug and went back to his mom. Do I look huggable or something? I wave at him and went back to my office with Amir trailing behind me.

"Alright I'll cover for you but for a cost" Amir bargains.

"I don't have time for this. I'm not going on a date with you or sleeping with you so don't even ask me" I groan.

"No I don't want that. That ship has sailed. I want you to tell my grandma I'm not a fuck boy" he begs.

I look at him and laugh. This was golden.

"You expect me to lie? Who is your grandma anyway?" I ask.

"Harriet"

I choked and look at him with wide eyes. He had an annoying smirk on his face.