12.✔

Austin's POV:

It's been a week now since my near death and I've spend most of it sleeping.

The doctor says it's normal to sleep so much after what happened. I don't know if I should believe him.

My memory was almost back to normal again, but now the problem was that I couldn't remember certain things that happened to me before coming to hospital.

I remembered going to my old childhood home and that, but I couldn't recall how I got my injuries.

It bothered the others, but I was secretly glad about it. I didn't need to live through that again.

I've been begging the doctor to let me go see James, but he said I should wait a few more days.

I've decided that if he won't allow me to go today, then I'll just sneak out to see him.

All the tubes and things were gone now and my bruises were all gone, so it would hopeful not hurt too much to get to a wheelchair.

Damn, I hated that thought. The thought of me in a wheelchair was ridiculous.

"Austin? Are you listening?", Jordan asked next to me.

My brothers and Logan were making turns to stay with me.
Today, it was Jordan and Ash's turn.

"Sorry, what did you say?", I asked, trying to listen to him.

"I said that the doc said that James has been improving slightly. His chances are up to fifteen percent now.", he said and I looked away.

As much as I wanted to see or hear about James, I hated to hear what his chances were, because it reminded me that he was here because I was weak.

I should've done something more to pervent this. It wouldn't have made a difference if I had died that day, but James shouldn't have been there.

"Austin!", Ash yelled and I jumped slightly.

"What?", I said, glaring at him.

"Do you want to go see James or not?", he asked and smirked.

I could feel myself smiling slightly, even though I didn't feel like it.

"Sure.", I said and they came up to help me to a nearby wheelchair.

This is the part I hated the most. Being pushed around in a wheelchair like an invalid.

Sure, I'd been close to being one, but I wasn't, so I hated this.

There could be someone else out here in more need of this than me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I was pushed into another room like mine.

And there he was. Laying there like a corpse. Looking dead and pale already.

Jordan rolled me up next to the bed and I grabbed James' hand in my hand with the cast.

Sure, it hurt like a bitch, but it was nothing compared to the pain in my heart from seeing James like this.

"Okay, James. It's waking up time now, okay? You got to wake up.", I said, looking at his pale face.

"Your little sister needs you to help her. Please wake up?", I said again.

"Look, James, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you had to go through what you did. I'm sorry, I couldn't prevent it or protect you better. I'm so sorry, James. This should've been me.", I said, tears falling freely.

"It's not your fault, Austin. Nobody is to blame except the people who did this.", Jordan said.

I just nodded, but knew it was a lie, because it was my fault.