Christmas Day Pt. 2

After getting over the initial shock of seeing Max here, I opened the rest of my presents with him. A new swimsuit. Plane tickets for the tour. An ikea gift card. Other stuff that seemed unnecessary compared to the beautiful human sitting next to me. Every couple minutes I would glance over to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

After I finished opening presents we sat there together, me between his legs leaning into his chest and him with his arms around me. It just felt way too good. Way too perfect. But at the end of an hour I was able to convince myself it was real. Max was here. With me.

"Max," I murmured, looking up at him.

"Huh?" he asked, tucking some messy hair behind my ear.

"I'm going to take this stuff up to my room," he grinned, getting up and pulling me after him, arms still around me.

"Let's go." We took the presents up the stairs, mom shouting merry christmas again for the heck of it. "Man Jules you did not decorate." He laughed. I crossed my arms in protest.

"Did so! See the fairy lights!" I pointed and he looked at the pathetic string of lights half taped up, glancing back at me. As soon as our gazes met we both cracked up. "I still can't believe it." I mutter as he sits down on the edge of my bed.

"You better believe it," he grins.

"I guess I have to thank Katie now don't I?"

"Yup." He laughs. "The demon." I flop down beside him and we lay there. Max puts his arms around me and closes his eyes.

"Sleepy?" I asked, poking his cheek.

"Yeah," he mumbled, hugging me tighter.

"Well take a nap then," I say, managing to grab my phone right before he hugs me tighter. He nods, arms around my stomach, my back in his chest. I lay on my side, listening to his breathing. Every time he exhales it ruffles the top of my hair. 

I smile, opening my phone without moving much. The group chat has already been texting it seems, messages building up on the screen. Well, I guess I have to thank Katie.