FIVE

hahahahaha.... I haven't updated in like practically four months, but I just did so there! don't know how many of you guys still keep up with this story, but if you do, here you go.

FIVE 

I hadn't realized it was almost ten. The small town was empty, everyone was home and getting ready to sleep soon. As I should be too. I had work tomorrow and I needed a good night's sleep if I wanted to be up in time. However, the thought of leaving Franco cramped up in his truck for another night bugged me. Maybe I felt bad now because I realized he was actually a decent person. Maybe it was because he did this huge favor for me tonight and I felt like I needed to repay him. After all, he planned to be gone in a few days, so it wouldn't matter that much if I was to help him out a little more, would it? 

It didn't take long to get back to Marshall's store, seeing as the roads were pretty much deserted. Franco's truck was still the only thing parked there. I wasn't a hundred percent sure that this was a good idea, but I was already here. 

I parked my car next to the old truck. I glanced out my car window and didn't see any movement from inside the truck. I knew I'd just look like an idiot if I were to leave now, so with shaky hands, I opened my car door and hesitantly got out. 

With only two steps I was in front of his truck's passenger side window, I couldn't see too well into the vehicle due to the tinted windows. However, I could make out the slightest movement of someone inside. Before I could think twice, I tapped on the window. 

Nothing. 

So I knocked louder this time on the window, and then almost instantly, the passenger side door shot open and it practically knocked me down. 

"Who is it?!" Franco's voice boomed, demanding an answer. I instantly felt the heat of embarrassment stain my cheeks. This was definitely a mistake.  

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say anymore. After a few seconds, Franco finally got out of his truck and closed the passenger side door, revealing me behind it.

"Uh, hey." I awkwardly waved, not knowing what else I was supposed to do in a situation like this. 

He lowered the wrench he was holding tightly in one hand and the angry intimidating face he had on changed into one of confusion. "What are you doing here?" Franco asked with a frown. 

"I, uh, hm," I was at a loss of words from the utter embarrassment I was feeling at the moment. Thankfully it was pretty dark out so he couldn't see how red I was getting. "Well, basically, I got home and realized that it's awful you're having to live in your truck and have been the past few days, so yeah." I rushed out, avoiding eye contact. 

His face then contorted into a look of amusement, "Already back for more, baby?" Franco smirked. 

I just scrunched my nose up in disgust, "This was clearly a mistake." I voiced my feelings out loud finally. 

"What do you mean?" 

"What I mean is," I sighed out. "You're stuck here in some beat up, old looking truck-"

"Hey!" He exclaimed as if I had offended him. 

"You know it's true." I scoffed and playfully rolled my eyes before continuing, "But what I mean is look at where you've been staying these past few nights," I motioned to the old truck, he glanced over it with a blank look. "Listen, I just feel bad that you're having to do that and I know we hardly even know each other that much and there's a chance you might actually be a psycho killer." I rambled on. "But a very small part of me feels like you're okay and I know you're not going to be here much longer, so I was going to-" I paused.