Eight

"Hey Jay, could you play your guitar for us?"

We all are sitting around a campfire that we made at the beach. Though illegal, we really didn't give a shit. Cam is trying to cook some sausages over the fire and we're all passing around a blunt.

"Yea I guess I could." Jay answers me. I snuggle into Toby and let my eyelids droop to the sound of him strumming his guitar.

I really miss John.

To be honest it was freezing and I've gotten fucked by the fire at least four times. Not to mention wind was blowing sand everywhere and the last sausage I had was garneshed with sand.

Yet everyone is happy. Even Mason and Jay mellowed out. There's something so nice about being surrounded by people you love by a campfire. It inspires that feeling. If you've never felt it, then I'm so sorry. Because it's the best I've ever felt.

If only John were here...

I sigh. "Toby.." I talk quietly, though everyone else is in their own quiet conversation.

He hums in response.

"I miss John..."

He sighs and puts his arm around me. "I know K. It's just for one night. You'll see him tomorrow morning. It's only 10:30 why don't you try and call him real quick?"

Oh that's right, I have my phone.

I nod and stand, to go find a quieter place. Even though it's freezing I don't really wanna be over heard talking to him I just want it to be us.

I press his name and start hearing the ringing.

Duuurruur-"Hey baby, you okay?"

His voice makes me smile. "Hey John yeah I'm ok I just missed you. Are you okay?"

He chuckles,"I miss you too. Yeah I guess im okay... Ryan's taking good care of me so don't worry about it, k?"

Welp now I'm worried. Fuck he feels bad I should let him sleep. "Haha I can't help but worry about you." I pause for a second," I'm sorry I just really needed to hear your voice, I love you." I said that too fast. Ugh my anxiety getting the best of me right now.

"Hey it's ok baby. I'm gonna be here, I'm not leaving I promise. And I love you too. With all my heart. Stop worying and go have fun ok?"

The pressure in my chest releases because everything he said was true. "Ok, I'll see you tomorrow Johnny. I love youuu~"

He chuckles again. "I love you too. Bye!"

I quickly say bye and hang up, letting out a breath. Holy fuck I feel better. Less grouchy and more energetic.

I skip back to the fire and rap a hug around Toby. "Thanks Bestie I owe you."

He smiles at me and wraps an arm around me as well. "Anytime, cunt."

We stay outside around the fire until around one AM as it was starting to get too cold for even the fire to keep us warm.

So we put the fire out, filling in the hole and make the trek back to the campsite.

High and absolutely freezing I stuff myself inside our tent.

I cuddle up with my four blankets and five pillows I brought and try and sleep.

Ha. As soon as I get drowsy.."NO ITS MINE! MINE. NO MINE!!"

My eyes shoot open and a scowl forms on my face. Mmm I'm mad. I grab the giant flashlight and stomp out of my tent and towards Masons and Jays. I notice Eric stomping over as well.

We both look furious.

He puts a finger over his mouth and points to a zipper. He grabs the opposite one. I nod and silently grab it, ready to scare the shit outta these fuckers.

They continue to bicker like an old married couple.

Eric holds up three fingers.

Three...

Two...

One...

"MASON AND JAY!" Eric and I scream in our parental voices as we zip the tent open and shine the bright ass flashlights at them.

"NO MUM AND DAD FOUND US!" Mase screams. Jay just straight up girly screams.

They look like ghostly goblins squinting up at us.

I take on my mom glare. "I suggest you two be quiet before you're sepperated." I say in my mom voice.

Let's just say my mom voice is terrifying. And can make any child, man, or woman do anything.

They gulp and mutter a "Yes Ma'am."

I nod, satisfied and zip up their tent and walk back to mine with swagger.

"That was so fucking funny, Kait." He laughs.

I grin at him and hold up my phone, wiggling it. "It'll be even funnier in the morning."

"Fuck yeah!" He cackles.

As our laughter dies down I sigh. The silence between us comfortable.

"Well... I'm gonna go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning." I wave at him as I climb in my tent, getting snuggled again.

"See ya." He throws in the tent and then zips it up.

I throw a quick thanks to him and close my eyes.

Fuck Ryan for getting a hotel it's cold as shit.

848
Lol ik it's short I sorry. Thanks for all the support guys I really appreciate. Like a LOT. I love you guys so much. I hope you enjoy this!