O N E

"When I drift off, I'll think about you." The low level of oxygen made it difficult for him to breathe, but he finished his sentence, praying that she would receive it. "Its always been you."

He leaned forward, turning the helmet off. The lights go out.

Tony smiles faintly at this. It seemed symbolical. Part of the journey is the end. Leave it to him to be iconic with a strong speech, even when he was dying. He would have laughed at this, he really wanted to, but he had such a lack of energy, so he kept to himself.

He felt like he was loosing his mind. His brain was a blur, his vision was weak. All he could do was repeat one sentence to himself. "I wont forget." 

Except, he did forget. He forgot so much. He didn't know what he was trying to remember, he wasn't sure if it actually mattered. His heart just told him he couldn't forget.

"I wont forget you."

He must have forgotten. Who was he thinking about? Not Pepper, he remembered Pepper plenty.

Happy, Steve, Bruce, Natasha, Clint, Vision. He didn't forget anyone.

He was a mess. His brain was playing tricks on him.

It had been hours. Oxygen would run out in ten minutes.

Don't forget, he told himself silently, as he drifted off. I wont forget you. But he already did.

His eyes were closed, his breaths were weak, his heart was slow.

He felt his body shaking, but he couldn't move. He did open his eyes, however. He saw a face, he saw somebody yelling. At him? No one else was around.

Steve? He never thought he'd see his friend again.

He was being moved. Was that Pepper? Who brought her into space?

He wasn't happy. But maybe he should be. Was he okay?

Would he be able to delete the message before Pepper hears it? He didn't want her to hear it if he was okay.

Put down something on his face. He was breathing again. I wont forget.

The only thing he remembered was saying he wouldn't forget.

He felt the world growing small again.

He drifted off.

I haven't forgotten.