Chapter 1

Haleys pov

I sat in my bed staring at the ceiling. 3:30 am the clock read. Damn, I wish I could go back to sleep before school started. But I best get up and make his breakfast. I thought to myself. Who is he, you may ask? Well. He's my sperm donor. The man who oh so gladly gave me life. Not. I sighed softly, regreting the day before it even started. Hopping in the shower, I washed my hair and body, shaving in the process. I stared at the razer. His voice popping into my head; the words he said to me last night.

"You whore! Its 7:30 and theres no dinner on the table yet! What? Were you too busy slutting around to make dinner for me first?! God damn, I thought I raised you better than that! It's no wonder your mom offed herself, she knew you'd be a failure!" James, my 'father' yelled at me. Tears pricked into my eyes. I will NOT let him see me cry. He cant know my weakness...

"Just because you got raped when you were 7 by your cousin, she went and offed herself becuase she was so humiliated. It was your fault, Haley! IT'S YOUR FAULT SHE'S GONE!" He screamed, punching me in the face. I heard a loud crack, most likely my nose breaking.

This is when the dam broke; the tears falling from my face. I am a failure. I'm the reason my own mother killed herself.. and I know it was from humiliation. Yes, it was becuase I let her down. I embarrassed her. I became unpure without even meaning to. It was my fault. I was a disappointment. I AM a disappointment.

"I-I'm sorry!" I yelled at him. I was scared he'd hurt me more- but of course the pleading didn't help. He kicked my knee cap, making me fall. Then kicking me in the ribcage, stomach, and head until he was saticfied.

"Maybe now you've learned your lesson, you stupid slut." He spat, kicking me one last time.

I stood up slowly, limping back to my room. I grabbed a rag and went into the bathroom. I wet the rag, and dabbed my face, getting all the blood off my face. Not being able to move much more, I locked my door, laid in my bed, and drifted off to sleep.

I cried silently, unconsciously breaking the razer and sliding the razer blade against my pale, scared skin. One cut for mom, one cut for him, 5 cuts for never being loved, 5 cuts for being a disappointment, and 8 cuts becuase I'm me I cried softly, running the razer blade over my skin, harder each time. I couldn't stand this life. I just can't. I need to get out of here! I whiped my tears off my face and washed the blood off my arms with my rag. At least it was easier to clean off since I was showering.. I thought to myself. Stepping out of the shower, I grabbed my towel, drying off. Sighing for the umpteenth time, I threw on my Undead jacket, pants, and brushed my hair.

Since it was only 5:50, I decided to let it air dry. After I threw everything I needed on, I left my room and started on making James his breakfast. After cooking the eggs, bacon, and pancakes, I grabbed my bookbag and Nike gym bag and ran outside before James woke up.

I hopped on my skate board, and started riding to the school. Hopefully hell isn't so bad today I silently prayed. I started humming a tune I had made up. Then lyrics popped into my head, so I added the lyrics to the tune.

"My legs are dangling off the edge,
The bottom of the bottle is my only friend,
I think I'll slit my wrist again and I'm
Gone, gone, gone, gone."

I mumbled. My eyes opened up wide. "Holy shit, that actually sounds good!" I quickly hopped off the skate board and grabbed a pencil and a peice of paper out of the bookbag. I wrote down the lyrics. I put it back into my bookbag and went on my way so I wouldn't be late for school. Last thing I need is to be late for school; he'll have another reason to beat me. I shuddered. Only a few more days... I told myself.