xx

INSTAGRAM !
͙🏹🍒🦋🌻🕊
.* .* .*

chapter twenty. uh, humans

✄・・・

herron😽 wants to facetime
[accept] decline

"hey, zach! what's up?" i said as his face popped up on my phone screen. he smiled, "i was bored and i was like 'hey, dakota makes me laugh all the time, i should call her!' and here we are!"

i smiled at how cute he was being, "you're really cute."

"oh really? hm, i would've never guessed," he does a pretend hair flip and i laugh at him. "oh my god, never mind. you're so annoying."

"hey! you know you love me!"

"mmm only on days that end in a," i joked. his mouth dropped, "but, everyone loves me! how dare you!" he put a frown on his face and i laughed at him. "you're such a dork!"

he smiled, "so what are you up to for the rest of the day?" i shrugged, "probably sleeping or watching tv, what about you?"

"honestly, i don't know. but i do know that in a few hours daniel, jack, and i are going to get dinner because corbyn and jonah are doing god knows what," he explained.

we sat in silence for a few minutes and i kept thinking to myself. are zach and i dating? wait no, he hasn't said anything about us being in a relationship.

a frown grew on my face as i thought of how we weren't in a relationship. god, this is so confusing. we obviously like each other but no one has said anything!

zach noticed the look on my face, "what's wrong?"

"zach, what are we?"

"uh, humans?"

"no, zach. i'm tired of us acting like we're dating but we don't have a label and—"

"who cares if we have a label? labels are stupid." i scoffed at him, "but i want a label on us! what are we?"

zach stared at the ground, not saying anything for a moment, "well, what do you want us to be? i know that i really really like you, but what do you want us to be?"

"zach, i think it's pretty obvious."

"no, i want you to say it, kota!"

"why? i mean, i've already told you how i feel. why do i have to—"

"just say it, kota!" he cut me off. "i want to be yours," i mumbled very quietly.

"i'm sorry, what? i can't hear you!" zach said sarcastically, cupping his hand around his ear. "i said, i want to be yours," i mumbled.

"hmm? what was that? kota, you need to speak a little louder—"

"i said, i want to be your girlfriend!" i yelled, getting tired of him bugging me. he smiled, "now, was that so hard?"

i huffed, "yes, it was." we stared at each other in silence for a few more moments until i spoke up, "so, are you gonna ask me anything?"

"hm? what? oh, i don't know..." zach trailed off. i groaned, "damnit, zach! just ask me already!" he laughed at how impatient i was being, "okay, okay!"

he gave me a smile, "dakota idon'tknowyourmiddlenamebecauseiforgotandi'msorry carson, will you be my girlfriend?"

"zachary iactuallyrememberyourmiddlenamebecauseiamthebestestfriendever dean herron, yes, i would love to be your girlfriend!"

"finally!" i could hear voices walk into zach's room. zach looked up from his phone and groaned, "guys, can you please get out, you ruined the moment!"

"what moment?" i heard someone say.

"is daniel there?" i asked zach and he nodded.

"daniel!" i yelled. i heard someone rush over to zach's phone. daniel appeared on my screen, "hey, dakota! congrats on the relationship!"

i smiled at him, "thanks, daniel. i expect to be saying the same to you soon!" he blushed, "i-i don't know about that."

"daniel, just go for it! kings really likes you! honestly, she'd do anything for you,"

he smiled, "thanks for that, dak. i really appreciate it."

"yeah, yeah. go talk to your girl!"

he gave me a smile and walked out of the camera frame. i looked over at zach and noticed he was smiling at me.

"what?" i asked him. he shook his head, "nothing, nothing. it's just that i think you're really cute."

i heard someone come into zach's room again and mumble something. "okay, i'll be down," zach said to the person.

"hey, jack said daniel and him are wanting to get dinner right now, so i'm gonna have to go. talk later?"

i gave him a smile, "yes, definitely. bye zach." he smiled back,"bye, dakota." he hung up and i later back on my bed.

"zach herron is my boyfriend," i let out a deep breath and smiled to myself.

✄・・・

cuties!!! zackota is officially official !!

published: 2.2.19 6:56PM
edited: 3.29.20 12:40am