Chapter 11

"Appreciate everything around you, before moments turn into memories." 

---

The second Shisui said go, Hayato sprang forwards using force buildup in his back leg. Itachi expertly dodged a punch from the front by tilting his head just enough out of the way. He knew that Hayato would attack first judging by the way he was standing, but he didn't expect him to spin and give him a hard heel kick. Itachi gasped, skidded back and clutched his stomach. He quickly adjusted himself and sprinted towards his target, jumping into the air and spin into a side kick. His attack clashed with a side kick from Hayato. Dust scattered around them from the force.

Shisui watched the battle intently from the sidelines, observing each and every single punch and kick. He made mental notes on their form and movements. Both to help them improve, and so that he can beat their asses later. During the spar he had with the fifteen-year-old, he wasn't fighting very seriously, and from what Itachi had told him, neither was Hayato. Apparently, the teen had leveled an entire street block in a battle with one of Kumo's best Jounin, to which he won. Using a kekkei genkai he hadn't he mentioned during their first meeting.

The body-flicker was determined to fight him at his best, but he couldn't now and he probably wouldn't get another chance for a while. The Clan was biding their time, they were angry and wanted revenge. Somehow, a thirteen-year-old boy and Shisui's best friend had gotten roped into spying on the village through his position as an ANBU Captain. Shisui had been ordered to look over the boy because of his strange behavior, none of which was present right now. It seems that he only acts distant and strange within the clan. Though he knew better, Itachi was fiercely loyal to the village, even more so than he is, he sympathised with the boy. 

Despite that, he still felt uneasy, he loved his Clan. He didn't want to do any of this, but if it was to stop a massacre, he'd do it. 

(Though he'd never know that the massacre was the exact outcome)

Shisui ended up zoning out about half-way through the spar, thinking back to a conversation he had the previous day with the Hokage and the Council. The three old people who were all apart of the First Shinobi War and still had a distaste for the Uchiha. One of them, in particular, stood out to him, he had bandages around his right eye and forehead. His name was Danzo Shimura, he stared at him as if he had personally wronged him previously. Especially when he brought the idea of using the Kotoamatsukami on Lord Fugaku to end the coup with subtlety. 

None of that mattered, however, tonight was the night. His plan was about to be put in motion. He needed to stop the overthrow and bloodshed, even at the cost of the usage of his eyes.

---

Hayato and Itachi laid there on the ground, panting and exhausted. Their spar went on for a good half an hour, filled with kicks and metal. Which was against the rules, but the two didn't care, they preferred weapons over hand-to-hand. Their sprawled forms were inverse to one another, their faces held a small smile. Shisui who had started to pay attention again after thinking of his grim future and laughed at their pathetic figures. He poked fun at how crazy they fought, especially for a spar. 

"Well, my turn!" Shisui grinned, Hayato paled and begged for a couple of minutes. The body-flicker laughed at him when the exhausted teen shot up in alarm. Shisui stood over him with his arms behind his head, his face had a genuine smile plastered on it.

Hayato fell backward onto the roughed up grass patch they were on. Itachi had closed his eyes to rest, managing to fall asleep, much to their confusion. The two were loud, even in the small altercation they had, plus it had only been a couple of minutes since the end of their match. The small boy was exhausted undoubtedly, Shisui quieted down and picked up his clansman, placing him where he was previously sitting.