Autumn Feelings (F.JessexPetra)

(F. JessexPetra)

[ I might sound a little different because I'm so rusty at MCSM stories now, whoops, but enjoy anyway ] :)

( Song: Autumn Feelings by nExow)

Jess's PoV

"Hey, Petra! Wait up!" I laughed and ran after my best friend.

The other girl turned around and gave me a wide smile, "I told you that this is a race, and there's no waiting, right?"

I rolled my eyes and continued trudging up the mountain she made us climb. Well, it wasn't exactly a mountain but just a small hill, as she phrased it. But to me, it's still a mountain.

"Come on, Petra, you know I don't have the energy for this." I stopped again, for another short break.

She looked down at me and dropped down to where I was still standing.

"Show off." I told her as she gave me a punch on the shoulder, "What,  I like to challenge myself, that's what makes life fun! You should just relax and don't be so boring."

"Me? Boring? Ha! As if our adventures-"

"Reluctant adventures." she pointed out with a small smirk, "Romeo and those other adventures are old news. Now we're doing this with our own free will!"

"Now you're just being ridiculous. I'd rather have just stayed home." I told her, but as soon as I said that, I regretted it.

Petra lost her smile and frowned instead, looking at the trees. "Really huh? I thought you loved to spend time with me, that's why you picked Beacontown over me- I mean, adventure."

I looked at her, feeling hesitant. "Petra, I didn't mean to upset you. I do love going on adventures." I tried to console her.

The other girl sighed, "If you want, I'll send you back to Beacontown... we're quite close."

I didn't.. like to see the sadness in her eyes as I nodded.

But this was for the best, wasn't it? From the start, I never liked adventures.

Not really never, but I just didn't want to spend the rest of my life chasing down monsters, living in constant fear and nervousness.

But then again, there was Petra, who didn't seem afraid of anything.

We started to climb down the mountain, and I kept thinking.

I felt terrible for telling Petra I wanted to go home. But at the same time, I didn't want to go home as well, since that would mean doing all that paperwork.

"I just don't get it." Petra mumbled after we had landed safely on the ground, "I always thought of you as a great person to go on adventures with. To explore unexplored lands. To travel in different dimensions. What's wrong?"

I didn't reply right away, since I was still battling those very same thoughts in my head. I wanted to be with Petra, but stay in Beacontown. But Petra..

"I want to stay with you.. really." she admitted and suddenly took my hand, "But.. I'm not the person who should stay in one place all the time. You know?"

I stared at her hands, holding mine close. She seemed to be pleading for me to stay, but then, this was Petra and she's never looked so upset before.

"Petra.. I don't know.. okay?" I felt a lump in my throat, "Look.. I'm not cut out to being the 24 hour adventurer you are.. but-"

I didn't finish my sentence, since she had just pulled me into a kiss right on the lips.

...

I stayed rooted to the ground, my eyes widened as she pulled away, her face red. We stared at each other.

"I..I'm so sorry Jess, I just couldn't hold it back.. I needed to show you how much this really means to me." she started to blink away a couple of tears, obviously trying not to cry.

"All this time when we were on our adventures, I just.." she struggled to find the words, "Couldn't help but fall in love with you. Just laugh, it's fine. Be embarrassed. That's also fine.. but I really can't help it.. I love.. just being with you."

I didn't know how to react. Each sentence she kept saying made sense to me, and I heard the genuine confession she just made.

...

I didn't know how I felt. I didn't even know if I liked girls. And here, standing in front of me was the bravest, toughest girl I have ever met. And if she was reduced to tears, something was wrong.

"Petra.. please don't worry. Okay? I.. admit, I don't know what I'm feeling right now-."

"I know it was sudden," she interrupted me, "But.." she shook her head as I held her hands.

"Just give me some time to think about it, okay?" I smiled, to show I wasn't scared or afraid. I was just.. having mixed feelings.

"Okay.. well.." she sighed, "I'll send you home.. okay? Let's go.." she wiped away a tear which managed to escape her left eye.

I followed her silently, letting go of her hand and letting it slip away.

*************************

"Here we are.." Petra pointed to the gate of my home. Beacontown. I immediately felt guilty as I gave Petra one more hug.

"Jess.?" I heard her say after I pulled away. "Can.. you do me a favour?"

I hesitated a little before nodding. She was, after all, my best friend. And coming out to me was a brave feat. No matter what, I'd still support her.

"Sure.. what is it?" I asked curiously.

She glanced around the path and she spotted a tree, which she pointed to. "If.. If I still have a chance.. for you to love me.. would you put a sign or something? Near this tree?"

I looked over at the small tree, which was a small sapling.

A strange request, but one I nodded to. "Um.. okay.. of course I can do that Pet. Now.." I smiled up at her, since she was a little taller than me.

"Take care." we both said at the same time, making us laugh.

I waved to her and went back to Beacontown, leaving Petra to herself... and... of course, still feeling guilty as I brushed my fingers against my lips.

*************************

[ One month later ]

Petra's PoV

Petra returned to Beacontown.. just to see how it was going. And honestly, she was surprised at how much it had actually grown.

Jess must've been busy with the new buildings and the architecture. Lukas probably helped her out too.

One thing Petra was worried about leaving Jess with that blonde was that she knew that the love of her life, Jess, had a small crush on the guy.

But of course, Lukas had admitted to Petra that he didn't have any feelings for anyone at the moment, claiming he was asexual.

Something like that.

And of course, Petra in turn admitted to Lukas that she had feelings for Jess.

Hmmm..

Petra walked closer and closer to the town. A wave of nostalgia hit her as she walked, remembering the paths she always crossed.

But.. then, she came across.. something extraordinary.

Right in front of her was a tree, a beautiful, full grown one and on it, were tiny redstone lamps which hung from its branches like Christmas ornaments. Olivia probably made those..

Petra slowly walked up to the tree, and saw a sign...

A sign she had been waiting for all her life.

It was the sign she was hoping for.

Petra smiled and immediately ran off towards Beacontown, wanting to meet Jess again.

"I love you."

-End

Whoa, it's been ages since I've updated, sorry 😹😅