13

"Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of Heaven, blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of angels."

The doctor stepped out of the room, and his eyes met Harry's.

Harry felt a pit in the bottom of his stomach. The doctor walked toward him, opening his mouth.

Harry couldn't take it. If the words I'm sorry came out of the doctor's mouth he would break.

He ran past the doctor, flinging open Draco's door and gasping, leaning back against the door for support.

"Hello, angel," Draco whispered hoarsely.

"Draco," Harry whispered, his voice shaking. "You're..."

"Alive? It would seem so, for now."

Harry let out a long, shaky breath, and slumped down on the floor, hiding his head in his hands.

"Harry, don't cry," Draco's sweet voice met him. "I'm not supposed to get up, but I will if you keep crying."

Harry lifted his head, wiping tears from his cheeks. "Sorry," he whispered shakily. "It's just- you weren't breathing- just collapsed on me- I was so fucking scared- I thought you were gone for good."

Draco's eyes were sympathetic. "Harry, you know I'm not going to live long. I might have made it this time, but I'm too far gone to be saved. I hate to tell you, but you need the reality check."

Harry nodded. "I know, I know, but you're alive right now and that's all that matters because I haven't even kissed you or asked you to be my boyfriend yet."

Draco smiled softly. "God, you deserve everything. I would give you the world if I could."

"I would give you a galaxy."