Chapter Six

(BTW: this is a hijacked a car with someone sleeping in the back au)

Jason's head whipped around, looking desperately for an escape route. He heard gunfire coming from somewhere to his left. Over to his right a car alarm sounded, then another, and another still. To everyone else on the panicking street, it was just more noise added onto the already chaotic, dystopian-like scenario.

But to Jason, it was his way out.

As a crowd of panicking people emerged from a nearby shopping mall, Jason quickly ran around the mob, blending in to the crowd. As soon as the crowd was behind him, he broke out into a run. He came to a stop in front of a blue parked car and without thinking, smashed his elbow into the window; reaching his hand inside to unlock the car.

As he swung the door open and practically jumped into the driver's seat, he noticed the keys lay untouched on the gray consul in between the first two seats in the car. But what Jason failed to noticed was a black-haired boy sound asleep in the back of the car. After fumbling to put the keys into the ignition, the car roared to life.

"Wh-what's going on?" the black-haired boy mumbled, making Jason jump and turn quickly around. 'When did you get there?" Jason almost yelled, staring down at the boy as he began to sit up.

The boy chuckled. "I'm pretty sure I was here before you were, buddy."

Jason groaned, "Well, can you get out! I'm trying to make a get away here and can't really do that while your in the car." 'Make me,' was the boy's only response. Jason groaned again before slamming his foot down on the gas, sending the car flying forward.

"So, dude," the boy said, climbing into the open front seat. "What's your name? I'm Percy." Jason's eyes flitted towards him before replying, "Name's Jason."

The boy, called Percy, nodded in response. A few moments of silence passed before he spoke once again as he watched Jason click the right turn signal. "Turn left if you want to get out of the city, going right will just take you deeper into the city."

This time, Jason fully turned to look at Percy before nodding a quick thanks and switching the signal.

"You know what?" Jason eventually said. Percy raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Silence.

"We'd make a pretty good team, you and I." He finally said after what seemed like eternity. "Yeah," said Percy looking over at him. "I guess we would."

a/n: this is super duper duper short but I hope you guys enjoyed it anyway c: