Song: Wasting My Young Years by London Grammar

I stood there just staring at him. I didn't know what to do. Well I know for sure I should probably go home.

"Do you want me to walk you to the nurses office?" He questioned staring down at me intently.

"Yes please." I said softly. I think it's best to travel with someone just incase I see him again.

He nodded his head and turned around to open the door. He held it open for me and I grabbed my bag off the floor. As I walked past him I caught a whiff of his cologne and it smelt really nice. Not too overpowering but enough to know he puts it on.

We walked side by side in silence to the nurses office.

"Do you know what triggered it?" He questioned me.

I looked up at him broken out of my trance.

"Huh?" I said.

"Knowing what is the cause can help. That way you can prevent it from happening in the future." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh... um... no I don't." I lied shaking my head.

"That's alright." He said as we rounded a corner.

"Jessica!" I heard a stern voice yell from behind me.

It sent shivers up my spine and I froze in my spot already feeling my breath quicken.

I heard the footsteps approach and I started to shake. I subconsciously moved closer to Xander as I slowly turned around.

I never looked up as he spoke.

"Where were you this morning?" He asked me.

"Sick." I mumbled still staring at the floor.

"Well I hope you're feeling better." He said.

I just nodded my head.

"You know I like to be looked at when speaking." He said sternly.

My breathing quickened and my vision began to get blurry.

"Sorry sir." I said finally looking up to meet his gaze.

Xander finally spoke up, "Anyway Jess is still feeling sick so I'm just taking her to the nurses office right now. If you would excuse us, sir."

Mr. Calvert straightened up and tried staring Xander down although it failed as Xander was a couple inches taller than him.

"I think you should get back to class. I'll take her." Mr. Calvert grumbled our.

"Don't worry sir, I've got it covered." Xander said using 'sir' to mock him.

Mr. Calvert swallowed hard and glared into Xander's eyes.

"You listen hear boy-" Mr.Calvert was abruptly cut off my Xander.

"No you listen hear sir. She is sick and I'm taking her to the nurses office. Now leave." Xander said in a dark threatening voice stepping forward into Mr. Calvert's personal space.

I quickly grabbed hold of Xander's hand and pulled him towards me.

"Let's go." I said pulling him with me to the direction of the nurses office.

Once we rounded the corner I dropped his hand but Xander immediately pulled my hand back and made me face him.

"Is He the reason why you had that panic attack?" He asked.

I looked away from him and softly and slowly nodded my head 'yes'.

He lightly placed his hand on my chin and lifted my face to stare into his eyes.

"What... what did he do to you?" He hesitantly asked.

I stared at him with a tear threatening to fall from my eye.

"Nothing really." I whispered.

"Well it must have been something." He said dropping his hand.

"Doesn't matter." I mumbled.

"D-doesn't matter! You had a panic attack for Christ's sake! It must've been something!" He yelled but not loud enough for people to hear in the nearby classrooms.

"Just drop it!" I yelled at him.

He scoffed and shook his head mumbling "whatever".

I turned around yet again and continued walking to the nurses office not caring if Xander was following me or not.

By the sound of footsteps following behind me I knew he was still following me.

I made it to the nurses office and started to turn the knob.

As I was going to push it open I slightly turned my head just enough to see Xander in my peripheral vision.

"Thanks. I got it from here." I said pushing the door open.

The door slowly started to close but I never heard it fully shut.

I turned my face and saw Xander stopped it from closing and stepped into the office with me.

I gave him a look as if to say 'you can leave', and he just stared straight back at me.

I shook my head rolling my eyes as I turned back to the desk.

The nurse walked out of the back room and into the entry way.

"How can I help?" She said staring at me and then at Xander as he took a seat in the 'waiting room', which was just a couple of seats by the door.

"I'm not feeling so well I was wondering if I could go home?" I asked.

"Well What seems to be the problem?" She asked tilting her head a bit to the side.

I was just gonna pass of my 'sickness' as woman problems but before I could say anything Xander spoke.

"She had a panic attack." He simply said as if it was nothing.

The nurse immediately looked alarmed.

"Oh my goodness! Sweety are you alright?!" She said rushing to my side checking me all over.

She quickly pushed me into a room with the door still open.

"What's your name darling?" She asked me.

"Jessica Warnette." I said.

"Alright just sit tight." She said exiting the room.

'God dam it Xander! Why did you tell her?' I thought glaring at the ground.

It was just one panic attack.

As I sat there grumbling profanities at Xander the nurse came back in.

"So I'm afraid you can't drive home just incase you have another attack so I rang both your parents but neither one of them answered their phone. I was gonna suggest you stay here until one of them ring back but that kind boy with you offered to take you home." She said smiling at the mention of Xander.

"Are you sure? I mean shouldn't he go back to class and I just wait for one of my parents?" I said trying to not get him to drive me home.

"It's no problem at all. I have a free period." Xander spoke up from the doorway.

The nurse just smiled at me and handed me a note saying I was cleared to go home.

I took the note and got up off the bed I was sitting on. I bent down and grabbed my water bottle from my bag as I picked up my bag. Throwing my bag over one shoulder I took a drink from my bottle and looked over at Xander.

"Well aren't you just a saint." I said sarcastically smiling at him.

"He sure is." The nurse said gushing at Xander not even picking up my sarcasm.