Chapter 3

The next couple of hours were humiliating... First Sebastian ran me a hot bath allowing me to bathe myself, but insisted on helping me with my hair, to which he made me sit with a towel rapped around myself as I sat in the bath and he washed my hair.

"My my.. Whatever did you do to cause your hair such distress my lady?" He asked attempting to bush out a large knot. I just shrugged looking at my distorted reflection in a bubble.

"You could just cut it all off." I stated plainly my mind set solely on seeing Ciel and making things right again, the quicker this whole clean up process the better.

"Absolutely not! You have beautiful hair, it would be a crime to even touch a blade to it." He said making a sound of satisfaction when he had successfully gotten rid of the knot beginning to brush through all of my hair before he shampooed it again.

After he had finished with my hair he wrapped it in a towel and left to find me a dress, leaving me to dry myself off. It reminded me of the first time I was taken in like this.. I was an orphan wandering the streets when I was only 10 years old.

I was being picked on and pushed around by a couple boys that were a lot older than me, they pulled my hair and threw me around, causing me to hit my head on the corner of a dumpster hard enough that it cracked a small spot in my skull, making my forehead ooze hot, sticky blood that trailed down my face and over my right eye.

After they were finished the boys left, leaving me to bleed on the side walk. The pain in my head was so strong it caused my vision to blur and fade, I remember seeing a boy in his mid teens come and wave his hand in front of my face, but I couldn't respond so he picked me up, taking me to his carriage.

I don't really remember much of what happened after that but, I woke up in a large plush bed with bandages wrapped tightly around my head. I was clothed in a pink silk night gown. Some one must have bathed me because my hair was soft, and my skin smelled like flowers.

"Oh, you're finally awake." Said a low voice causing me to jump. I looked over to find the boy who saved me, he was well-dressed with short gray hair, brown eyes and a beauty mark under his left eye. "Welcome to the Phantomhive Manor, my father has agreed to let you stay here-"

"No."

"What?"

"I won't stay here." I said.

"Well why not?" He asked kindly looking a little taken back.

"I can't stay here.. you're nobles I don't belong-"

"Then you will work as a servant. Our head butler Tanaka will show you around and teach you what it means to serve the Phantomhive family."

My thoughts though were were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Are you decent? May I come in?" Sebastian's voice asked through the door. "My deepest apologies for taking so long I had to wake up the young master.." He said as he walked in probably having a feeling I hadn't moved since he left. Which I hadn't.

"I've brought you a maids uniform, it's only temporary until we can have one tailored for you. Though I may have to adjust it.. you're so small.." He said holding up the dress in front of me, before blindfolding himself. "Allow me to help you dress. You're so thin I'm afraid a corset would break you.." He said helping me slip into an underdress before putting on the uniform, and unblinding himself.

"I was right.. it is quite baggy on you isn't it.." Sebastian said stepping back to take a look. "Though I can fix that." I didn't have a chance to see him move before he was snipping and stitching at what seemed like impossible speed finishing in only a few minutes, placing a headpiece over my now dry, fluffy brown hair. "I guess that should have to do for now.." He said sounding disappointed, though I thought it looked perfectly fine.

"Now.. are you ready to see the young master?" He asked with a smile and my eyes lit up as I nodded and he held out his arm for me to take. "Then let us be off."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were walking up the stairs as I looked around admiring whoever had rebuilt everything, not a single thing was different, even the vases were exact. It wasn't long until I was lost in my memories again...

"Now.. what are you called? You haven't told me your name yet." Vincent said as I was hanging up the laundry Tanaka had washed.

"I don't have one." I said in the same flat tone I had always took.

"Well that won't do now will it? Hmm.. let's see what is a good name..." He took a second to think mumbling a few names to himself. "Ah! I know! Luis, Luis.. Augustine. Yes that's a beautiful name what do you think?"

I looked at him with wide eyes a sheet brushing against me due to the wind. "Yes.. I like that name.." I said with a small smile looking away from him. I must have zoned out because when I looked up he was already walking away but he stopped and turned for a moment to look at me.

" You have a beautiful smile Luis.. you should use it more often." He said before turning his back again and walking into the manor.

"Please wait here." Sebastian said politely pulling me from my thoughts and I nodded as he walked inside. "Young master there is someone here who would like to see you." I heard from inside, I had just realized I was standing outside Master Vincent's study, flames flashed before my eyes as the memories threatened to suck me back in, until I heard another voice.

"At this hour? I hadn't scheduled anything.." It said sounding almost aggravated.

"Yes, she came early this morning.. she's been looking for you for quite some time. " Sebastian said. I could hear the fake smile in his voice.

"Well then... send them in." The other voice said sounding unsure and the door opened.

"You may come in now."

I stepped in hesitantly that voice didn't sound like my Ciel it was so dull and lifeless, not the happy playful little boy I knew so well. I looked up at a boy sitting in a chair much to large for him with an eye patch covering his right eye.. but the eye that I could see was widened with shock.

"N-no.... You can't be..." He stuttered standing, placing his hands on the desk, shaking ever so slightly.

"Hello Ciel... I'm back."