Thorin x Reader - Death Do Us Part

Dialogue prompt request:

47. "You aren't dying! Not on my watch!"

48. "You truly love her, don't you?"

51. "I swear on all the gold in the world, I won't let anyone hurt you."

Sounds of the roaring river crashed against your ears making you want to cover them and groan out for it to stop, barrels crashed against one another over and over again, anyone with sea sickness would be puking right now. Looking up from your barrel, you cried out happily as you realized what Bilbo had done, he saved you all. Then, a horn rang out.

"Dammit," you muttered as you saw an elf in silver armor close the gate to your freedom. Barrels clanked together as the entire company tried to get through the closed gate by the power of the tide. Looking towards Thorin you saw that he was already looking at you worriedly, scanning you over for any injuries the barrel may have caused your form. Before this journey you were the Blacksmith's daughter in the Blue Mountains and you seemed to have caught Thorin's eye. Within only a few months you agreed to let him court you, seeing as how your parents often spoke of One's and how they were a once in a life time thing.

Seeing his worry, you nodded at him with a reassuring smile on your face, but then it soon dimmed into a face of shock as you heard the swish of an arrow piercing flesh. Looking up to the gates keeper, you saw a black arrow had pierced through his chest as he came tumbling into the water.

'Oh no..' you thought, then you heard the sound confirming your fear. The orcs had arrived. Cursing under your breath your brain went through a million plans on how to get out of this situation, but stopped at one that loudly screamed in your mind. 'Get up there and get this gate to open' Was all you thought as you shimmied out of the barrel and leapt onto the smooth stone steps.

"(Name)?!!!"

"What're you doing?!"

"You're going to get yourself killed!"

You heard the company yell at you as you dodged the guards trying to fend off the orcs and pushed the gate lever upwards. The company swooshed forward as the tide pushed them through the opening gates and further down the river. Just as you were about to jump in your barrel, you heard the swish again. Eyes widening in shock you looked down at your leg where the arrowhead pierced you and let out a gasp of pain. "No...NO!" Thorin screamed as he saw you fall into the barrel, the arrow snapping in two. Letting out a grunt of pain, you gripped onto the barrel so hard your knuckles were so pale it made Jack Frost seem tan. 'Focus on happy thoughts, focus on your upcoming life with Thorin, focus on cute babies...' You chanted in your head as you tried to not scream out because of the throbbing pain ripping through your nerves and up your spine.

It felt like years that you were in the water while the company battled it out with the orcs, but it finally seemed to come to an end as you felt hands grip you out of the barrel and onto a warm sunbathed rock.

"You aren't dying! Not on my watch!" Thorin yelled in anguish as he pulled his One into his arms while commanding Oin to examine your leg. "It was a poisoned arrow..." Oin muttered in grief as he felt the black poison and pulled his hand back, showing the stain on his fingers from touching the wound. "Thorin, we need to get her to safety so she can be treated." Oin tried to say calmly as you tried to breathe deeply through your nose.

"You don't think I know that?!" Thorin yelled at his company member with tears in his eyes while cradling you close, wanting to comfort you and take away all the pain. Then, a shadow of a man appeared. "She seems hurt." A man calmly stated as he examined the scene before him. "You don't say." Kili uttered under his breath, annoyed with the man, as he stared at his future aunt with worry. Glaring at Kili, the man walked forward. "I may be able to help."

TimeSkip

The mysterious man later gave the company his name, Bard of Laketown otherwise known as Esgaroth. Currently, you're lying in his bed with Oin, Balin, and Thorin tending to you.

Sweat beaded down your forehead as the poison started to take effect, your body trembling as you felt ice cold despite your skin sweltering in heat. Your face seemed hollow and lifeless as you gripped onto the bedsheets as Oin pulled more pieces of the arrow that broke in your leg.

"I need something to stop the poison from spreading.." Oin muttered worriedly as he searched through his medical bag. "K-kingsfoil.." You muttered under your breath. "What?" Oin looked up at you confused.

"It's..pant.. A.. Weed. It has.. medical properties for wounds such as these.." You gasped out as you stopped a groan of pain escaping your lips as you glanced around the room. "Find some.. Humans sometimes pant give it to the pigs." You grunted as you fell back against the pillows, not having any more strength to hold your head up.

"I NEED KINGSFOIL!" Thorin yelled out as Bofur jumped, hearing his leader from the other room. "Sir Bard, where do ye think I may find some kingsfoil?" Bard looked confused "It's a weed... We feed it to the pigs, there." Bard pointed out the window to a small pig pen on the other side of the bridge above the water. Bofur nodded and fixed his hat, rushing out the door and running to the pig pens to get the weed.

While Bofur ran to the pens, Thorin ran to your side, gripping your hand as tears rolled down his eyes. He barely met his One, and he was already on the brink of losing her so soon in their life together. "Thorin, until I get the medicine, she needs to rest." Oin advised as he stood up, putting his medical tool randomly in his bag.

Thorin knew this meant it was time to leave the room to let her rest without worrying for everyone who was worrying about her, but he couldn't. "I can't leave her when she needs me the most." He spoke through clenched teeth as he gripped your hand tighter while you panted and a pained look on your face.

"As a medical professional, Thorin, she needs to rest without disturbance." Oin placed a hand on Thorin's shoulder. Letting out a shaky sigh, Thorin leaned over to you and pressed a chaste kiss against your temple mumbling his love for you before he carefully placed your hand softly on the blanket surrounding you.

Walking out into the common area, the company watched Thorin like a hawk as he slid onto a chair and put his head in his hands. Emotions rolled off him in waves as he felt anger, sadness, love, hate, and fear crashing through him all at once.

Bofur soon came back with two fistfuls of Kingsfoil and Oin rushed him into the bedroom to take care of you while Thorin clenched his fists in fury as Dwalin wouldn't let him through while your pain tore through the walls in form of soundwave.
"You truly love her, don't you?" Bard said while cleaning out his pipe. "It is rare to find your One, but once you do, you have an unbreakable love for each other." Balin explained as a crystal tear rolled down Thorin's cheek before he decided to face the son of men.

"Aye, I will forever love Men Iananubukhs---"

Thorin was interrupted by Oin opening the door, "Thorin, the lass wants you." Nodding, Thorin stood up and walked into the bedroom to see you still looking ill, but color has returned to your cheeks and you looked over at him, your eyes sparkling with life again.

"Thorin.." You called with a small smile as he rushed to your side and gripped your hand. "How are you feeling?" He murmured while pressing soft kisses to your cheeks. A small giggle left you as you closed your eyes as his beard tickled your face softly.

"Better, I don't feel like I'm going to croak anymore." You joked lightly as he held you close to him.

"I swear on all the gold in the world, I won't let anyone hurt you ever again" He muttered as he pressed a kiss to your lips softly. You smiled as you return the kiss while he held you close, both of you fearing for the future.

"When we take back Erebor, I will have you guarded against any peril, if not by trusted guards, I'll do it myself." Thorin swore as he drew circles with his thumb on your cheek.

But as long as you two had each other, you knew you'd be alright. No matter what the future threw at you.

"Men Iananubukhs Menu (Name)"

"Men Iananubukhs Menu Thorin"

Fin

I hope you guys liked it!