Fili- Kingly Worries and Vibrant Flower Crowns

"Where's (Y/n)?" Fili asked anyone he could find, the kingdom buzzing with activity. Today was his coronation, and his One was nowhere to be found.

"(Y/n)?" He called into the kitchen, maybe you were getting a snack? Nope, not there either.

Next, he tried the baths, covering his eyes he opened the door slightly, "(Y/n)?"

"Not in here!" A frightened woman replied, causing him to snap the door shut in embarrassment, "My apologies!"

"Where could she be?" Fili thought aloud, the thought of you not being in the one major event in his life besides your upcoming marriage disheartened him. Stuck in his thoughts, he didn't notice one of the maids coming through with a bundle of flowers. Running into her, Fili immediately spewed apologies as the maid simply shook her head with a smile, "Inside your thoughts again, Prince Fili?" Giving a sheepish smile, he nodded, it wasn't uncommon to see Fili trapped in his thoughts on a evening stroll or staring out the window for long periods of time.

"I'm looking for (Y/n), have you seen her by chance?" The maid looked out the window in a brief moment of thought before nodding, "Aye, I have, last I saw she was in the garden with some children," The maid shrugged as Fili brightened up, "Thank you!" He shouted back to the maid as he took running down the hall, now having a burst of energy to find you.

..

"-And loop it around one more time," You instructed the small girls in front of you as they tried to replicate what you were doing with your fingers. The flowers looped into a ring, becoming a crown of sorts, decorated in vibrant pinks and purples.

"I did it!" A young girl by the name of Eleanor cheered, holding her slightly messy, but beautiful flower crown up for you to see. "Yes, you did!" You cheered with her as the others too began cheering about their success, bringing a smile across your face.

"(Y/n)!" Fili called to you as he entered the garden, a smile blooming on his face as he saw your grin from a distance.

"It seems that I am needed, ladies, why don't you go show these off to your parents, aye?" You convinced them, causing giggles and squeals of joy to erupt as they thought of the prideful look their parents would give them.

"Okay!" They announced in almost perfect unison as they all stood up and ran back inside the kingdom to track down their parents. Laughing you watched them go inside before looking over to Fili, who was now approaching your small spot in the grass.

"Hello, my love~" You cooed, leaning back on your hands as he took a seat beside you, "Hello my wanderer," Fili responded cheekily as he laid his head in your lap. A laugh left your throat as you began dragging your nails through his freshly washed hair, his eyes slipping shut in satisfaction. The kingly braid, you remembered, was going to be placed in his hair in just a few hours time.

"Wanderer?" You questioned with amusement as he slowly opened his eyes in response to your question. "I wake up, your gone, I ask all around Erebor and no one has seen you besides the maid down in the west hall, who told me she saw you in the garden," Fili explained in a somewhat angry tone, his smile betraying his mock anger.

Rolling your eyes, you leaned down to press a kiss to his lips, "Well, I take it you didn't find my note on my pillow then?" You asked, remembering writing out exactly where you'd be when he would wake. "I'm telling you, I woke up and--- Note..." Fili froze, looking up to the clouds for a moment, "You... left... A note."

Nodding with a grin, Fili groaned, "I'm sorry amrâlimê, I'll look better next time," He mumbled the last part, mostly to himself. Pressing your forehead against his, you pressed a kiss to his temple, "Well you found me, is there something you needed? I thought you would've been busy with coronation stuff?" You questioned in a soft tone, knowing his anxiety about becoming a king was overwhelming sometimes.

"I just needed you," Fili responded with a lopsided smile, his eyes showing how much anxiety he truly felt. "I worry... I worry about becoming a great king like Uncle, what if I can't measure up? What if they want a new king--" You stopped him by plopping the flower crown you crafted onto his head.

"Well, I know you'll become a great king, with a great crown as well." You smiled reassuringly, stroking your hand down the side of his face, enjoying the feel of his slightly scratchy stubble near his cheekbone.

Reaching his hand up, Fili chuckled when he felt the velvety petals, "A crown fit for a king," He mused.