Bilbo- The Love of a Siren pt.1

Humming a soft tune underneath your breath, you pulled your grocery basket higher up on your hip. You had just got back from Bree's annual market where creatures from all over Middle-Earth come to sell their rare goods. Being half Siren, this was a very important event. Getting foods you used to eat on a daily basis was now a rarity because of you living in the Shire, so you always made sure to make it to such markets.

A small smile formed on your face as your hobbit hole came into view. "Bilbo..." You muttered fondly, excited to be home with your Hobbit. Sirens are naturally very loving creatures despite the lore and myth surrounding their being. So, to say you were head over heels in love with the hobbit would be quite the understatement.

Walking up to the green door you paused, looking at the symbol on the door. Being around for centuries and coming in contact with many creatures (such as wizards), you knew what the symbol meant. "Oh no..." You said out loud, pushing open the door.

"Bilbo?" You called worriedly, setting your grocery basket on the ground, only then seeing the marks of several others being in your home. "What in the name of the Sundering Seas did you do to my husband?!" You screeched, your eyes glowing pale blue like the moon coming out of the sea.

(Not my pic, if someone knows the artist/owner pls comment it and I shall credit them)

Bilbo lay on the floor passed out while the dwarves chuckled at the hobbit for being easily frightened.

All of the previous noise in the dining room simmered to silence as all eyes turned to face the incoming person.

They weren't silenced out of respect, fear, or guilt. They were silent because of curiosity and awe.

Your hair was long and cascaded down your back in (h/c) waves, your nails slightly longer than most females, and your eyes were something that even Gandalf had never seen in his lifetime.

'Beautiful' They all thought (Even Gloin and he's married for Durin's sake).

"Well?" You crossed your arms over your chest, glaring at the dwarves who destroyed your home.

They looked at you confused, not hearing a word you just said. Huffing you shook your head and rolled up your sleeves. "One of you help me get my husband off the floor."

Bofur gulped and stood up, nervously walking over to the halfling and picking up his legs while you picked up his arms carefully.

"A lucky man." Dwalin broke the silence as you walked out of the room, but you heard it with your sharp Siren hearing.

Being half-Siren meant multiple things. You could sing, smell, hear and see better than average humans. But it also meant you were dangerously beautiful, had supernatural eyes, and had talon-like nails.

Once Bilbo awoke, he was shocked to have a cup of tea placed in his hands. "Here you go, love" You announced once giving him the tea. "(Y)-(Y/N)" He breathed out, not knowing you were going to be here so soon.

"How do you feel?" You questioned, holding his hand while taking a seat across from him. "Terribly stressed..." He muttered before giving you a small smile and kissing the back of your hand. "But I am much better now that my beautiful wife is home."

A laugh left your throat as you shook your head. "Just woke up and already putting on the charm after all these years, some would say you're part siren." You joked as he laughed into his tea mug.

Your laughter died down as you heard his stomach growl. "Did you not eat dinner?" You questioned as Bilbo grinned sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck, pointing at the doorway where all the dwarves were eavesdropping on you.

"They ate your food didn't they." You stated rather than asked and sighed before standing up. "I brought food back from Bree's market, I'll make you something to eat."

Knowing better than to argue with his wife, Bilbo watched fondly as you made your way back to the front door to get your groceries.

"How in the name of Mahal did squirmy Boggins get such a beautiful lass as a wife?!" Fili questioned with furrowed brows, not noticing you walk by the group dwarves. 

"I don't know, but I guess luck?" Kili responded while shrugging.

Clearing your throat, you began to walk into the kitchen. "Actually I am the lucky one."

The dwarves turned to you confused, how would you be lucky in this situation? Living a simple life in the Shire with a hobbit for a husband instead of living like a queen with jewels and warriors to protect your beauty.

Seeing their confusion you shook your head. "I'm part Siren–" You paused when you saw the recoil in their body language. Now seeming uncomfortable in your presence.

"Sirens get judged so easily, no one cares to see past race or appearance. Bilbo was different." You smiled at the memory before continuing "He didn't get scared when I told him what I was, he never judged me or my actions based on my race... He... He accepted me without any question." Looking over the dwarves shoulders to see Bilbo standing there with the empty tea mug in his hands you smiled again.

"That is the reason I am lucky to have my husband. Not the other way around." You finished while walking up to take Bilbo's empty teacup, leaving the dwarves in silence once again in awe.