Circumstances.

He was everything she had ever wanted in a lover. Sam Kiszka was an angel. A Greek god sent by Zeus himself. He was soft, sweet, empathic, and just an all around lovely person.

He was everything that Jake Kiszka wasn't.

Genevieve couldn't fathom as to how they were brothers. Besides their shared love of music, they were complete opposites. Sam was an angel and Jake was the embodiment of satan. Jake was rude, stubborn, and always managed to make Genevieve feel bad about herself. It was no wonder Sam's best friend began to eventually despise his brother.

Their band's success had skyrocketed over the past year. The quad went on tour for five months across the globe. Greta Van Fleet traveled all over the world performing sold out shows. They wrapped up their tour and were now headed back to their town of Frankenmuth.

Genevieve was sitting on the Kiszka household door steps with her crush's sister, Veronica. She kept looking at her phone to check the time. Veronica put her hand on Genevieve's shaky knee.

"Don't be so nervous. I'm sure tour hasn't changed him. He'll still be the same person you call your best friend."

Genevieve threw her a nervous smile, "Ronnie, I can't help but be nervous. I haven't seen him in so long."

"It's not your fault that you couldn't go visit him during tour. College was more important."

"I know. I just wish I had gone during spring break or taken a weekend trip to go see him. But it's not like I could've afforded it anyway."

Veronica pointed an accusing finger towards her, "Jake offered to buy your plane ticket to go visit and you didn't take him up on the offer."

Genevieve scoffed at the statement, "He was probably just messing with me. Even if he was being serious about bringing me over there, he would probably just hold it against me for forever."

"You do not give him enough credit. I don't think I've ever heard you say one nice thing about Jake."

Genevieve gaped in slight shock, "Jake is the one that is always starting with me. Your brother doesn't deserve my kindness."

"Yeah, yeah. Tell it to the judge."

Genevieve playfully rolled her eyes, "I'm never changing my mind about him. That boy is pure evil!"

The Kiszka beauty texted something on her phone and put it back in her pocket, "Try not to jump on top of Sammy. They're coming from around the corner."

Genevieve jumped up to her feet with a huge smile on her face. The Greta Van Fleet van pulled around and parked in the driveway. Sam's parents were in the front two seats. Genevieve waved at them as they pulled in closer to the house.

Genevieve's feet were planted on the ground. She took a big breath in order to steady her racing heart. The van door popped open and found herself running towards it. The Greta Van Fleet members began to spill out of the van. Jake was smiling at her but she disregarded it.

She dove past him, slightly pushing him along the way. He rolled his eyes and went towards his sister while mumbling under his breath, "Of course."

Genevieve ran straight into Sam's open arms, "I have missed you so much."

"I missed you too! Next time you have to come on tour with us."

"I definitely will. I'll take a semester off for you. It doesn't matter," she emphasized as she dug her face deeper into his chest.

"I'll take a semester off for you," she heard someone mocking her voice a couple feet away.

Genevieve's eyebrow involuntarily twitched, "You should've just left him stranded in Australia."