آغاز

Warning! Dark chapter ahead, read at your own risk.

The young boy was panting heavily as he watched the scene in horror being extremely terrified for both his life and family.

A family, which never existed.

A family, which was broken.

He saw how his mother and father argued yelling at each other, he saw how his father beat his mother to pulp, he watched how his mother tried to kill his father through the kitchen knife she hid in her skirt. He watched how they both human before, turned into animals charging towards their one and only child and let out all their frustration on him.

He watched it all.

Being a victim of their rage every night, Seokjin was helpless now.

"It's all your fault! I wish your mother never had you! Why the hell are you even alive?" Seokjin swore his ears bleed hearing his so called father yell at him about things he didn't know the answer to.

"Yeah yeah, everything is my fault and you're what? An angel? Do you even know how hard it was for me to give birth to this useless child of yours! I'm stick with a penniless man! Why the hell do you even bother to-" Seokjin hiccupped and sobbed as quietly as possible as he ignored his parents and stood up to clean the mess made.

He was just fourteen, and he acted like a parent to his parents.

He was just fourteen, and he had to go through the toughest phase anyone could face.

He was just fourteen, when he decided, he would put an end to this all. No matter what it takes.

A wince of pain escaped his lips as he felt a harsh tug on his hair and the next thing he knew, he was thrown to the ground.

He crawled on the floor all the way to the corner as he saw his father holding his favourite leather belt, which cost more than what they ate in a day, walking towards him and he shut his eyes waiting for the hit.

He always did. He could do nothing more than shut his eyes and seal his lips as he would smell a cigarette burning knowing it was his mother and heard how his father humiliated him for crimes he never committed.

But still, he was satisfied with his life.

All he used to think was how much of a lucky boy he was to have both of his parents alive. Because where he went for weekly tuitions, since they didn't want him to go to school, none of the students had both. Either had one or none. Every student was jealous of him and all he could do was sadly smile.

All he used to ask God what crime did he commit for being punished like this, living in a life worse than how he heard other students narrating their incidents about their parent taking them to trips and buying them ice cream, showering them with kisses and calling them with sweet pet names. All Seokjin could do while listening to them was pretend to sleep so that he didn't have to answer their questions about his parents.

But one thing Seokjin never did was complain. He never dared to complain to his parents or even speak or hum in front of them. Because if he did so, without their permission, they would get a reason to beat and humiliate him to soreness.

What rubbish parents, you might think. But Seokjin always did their chores and admired them not knowing he was becoming mentally unstable day by day, being all quiet and taking beatings, harsh words and never talking back or being stubborn like other children.

What he did not know how horrible his condition became, leading him to free his parents from this painful life they were living. He heard all their complaints, he heard them all, wrote them all, smiled and walked inside the small living room with the 'copy of complains' he named and stood in front of his parents who were in the middle of a session he did not want to interrupt, but he had to. After all, they were going to be happy because of what he was going to do.

He watched how his mother cursed and kissed her husband's cheek asking him to ignore their child and continue but his father having yet another reason to become outraged, fixed his appearance, not bothering to look back at his wife, slapped Seokjin across the face.

"Father.." Seokjin smiled even after receiving a harsh slap and watched his father's eyes widen, looking at the boy and his mother all dressed came to join them.

He saw them gulp and look at each other before clearing their throats and yell, "how dare you speak! You're a bi-"

"Father, mother." Seokjin spoke again and before another word from his parents, he bore the two sharp knives  in their chests.

His eyes darkened seeing the blood pooling out on the floor and smiled yet again, cleaning his face with his sleeve and kissed both of their cold, bloody foreheads before speaking, "I know you're proud of me for this. Happy life over there, don't fight so much and don't worry about the house, no one's going to live here anyways. Bye bye!" Seokjin carefully stood up without touching the bodies and washed up the knives in sink wearing gloves from the kitchen cupboard and put them in a plastic bag leaving the house with a few clothes packed, changed completely and threw the plastic bag in the community bin along with his dirty clothes.

I was not home, I was not home, I was not- Seokjin reminded himself and put up his best act. That is how Seokjin at the age of seventeen, killed his parents.

He rushed to the nearest neighbourhood community he could find and knocked on a random door, all sweaty and crying.

"Who-"

"P-please, please, please help me! M-my m-my parents! Aaa! My parents! Pl-please h-help, pl-" Seokjin fainted and the man who opened the door, held him and took him inside.

Again, Seokjin did not know what trouble he knocked onto. Because Jeon Jeongguk, was not an easy man. All he wanted was to find that criminal who killed two people with such brutality.

Leave your thoughts please: