Chapter 5

RAELYN

After running into Mr. Mysterious a week ago, I've been on the edge. The date that I jetted off from his table to see, didn't get anything nookie for me. I've never turned down a good lay but that night I couldn't do it. I just kept thinking about what he said. I've never been affected by someone's word, but I had been by his. He looked at me like some jump off, a hoe. I kept my unbothered act on but inside I felt low as hell and damn near wanted to shed a tear. I did something worst. I sat in my condo for three days sulking and thinking over my life choices. By the fourth day, I gave myself a reality check that lead to me saying fuck him. Dude doesn't know me and neither do I him. If I wanted to have casual sex, it's my own right and his opinions on how I live my life, he can shove them up his ass.

I strutted past groups of people at the Charity function Ashley dragged me out the house to attend tonight. She bribed me with a new installment and I love it.

I normally would have declined her boring outings with her uppity as co workers, but I was dying to wear my mustard colored fur dolce and banana coat I received from a lay

I normally would have declined her boring outings with her uppity as co workers, but I was dying to wear my mustard colored fur dolce and banana coat I received from a lay. I rolled my eyes as I spotted her being fake as hell smiling in the presence of some Spanish looking broad.

I plastered if not a faker smile than my best friend as I approached the two

I plastered if not a faker smile than my best friend as I approached the two. She looked relief as I saved her from entertaining this bitch any longer.

"Hey bestie. Sorry I'm late babes. But you know perfection takes time." I smirked as she hugged me and whispered into my ear.

"Your tardiness caused this bitch to talk me damn near to death." She pulled back and smiled as if she hadn't just insulted the clueless woman smiling before us.

I turned to the woman. "Hi my name is Raelyn, I'm Ashley's best friend and you are?" I tried to be polite as I could as I reached out shake hand.

She got the hint and grabbed my hand as she introduced herself. "Hey Raelyn, I'm Melanie and I work on the second floor from Ashley. I was just keeping her company but now that I see you're here, I'll let you two catch up. It was nice meeting you Raelyn. See you Monday Ashley." She walked off as I turned to Ashley and burst into laughter.