A New Beginning

Clementine's POV

Another morning. A new beginning. I did not get enough sleep last night!

When I heard noise in the basement, I did not expect to have saved somebody. Brody told me everything Marlon did, the raiders, the twins... I managed to stop him from hitting her with his flashlight. He told me he didn't deserve to be leader after what he did, so I stepped up as assistant leader with Violet.

I look over to see AJ still asleep in his bed, and Morgan on the floor. "Guys, wake up." Morgan wakes up.

"Ugh, why do we need to be up so early again?"

"We have to talk to the group about Marlon. Remember?"

"Fine, but at least let AJ sleep." She looks over at AJ as he lightly stirs, but doesn't wake up.

"Ok." We both get up and head out to the front yard.

"Is he staying?"

"Yes, but not as leader."

"Reasonable. So who is the new leader?"

"Me...and Violet..."

She cackles, "This is your chance!"

"I told you, I don't like her!"

"Bullshit. You always stare at her, you constantly need to be near her, and you blush whenever she touches you."

"That doesn't mean shit!"

"But the amount of times you say her name in your sleep does." That's it. She won. She gives me a side smirk.

"Shit..."

Everyone is finally awake and outside, so it's time to discuss what's going on with Marlon.

"So...*yawn*...why the hell are we up this early?" Violet mumbles. She obviously didn't get enough sleep either. It's...cute.

"We need to discuss the state of my leadership."

"Why? You've been a good leader so far." Louis, always the first to defend his friends, speaks up.

"Not entirely. The twins...weren't eaten by walkers...I traded them to a group of raiders to protect all of you."

Everyone is shocked. Tenn is in tears, and Violet's speechless. "He did it to protect all of you. He knew we weren't prepared for a war against a bunch of adults! So he did what he had to do. Sure, it may not have ended perfectly, but he did what he thought was best for the whole group!" Brody defended Marlon's questionable actions.

Everyone is silent. Until..."I forgive you." Tenn's voice is shaky and barely audible. Marlon's eyes go wide as Tenn runs up to him and wraps his arms around him tight.

"I forgive you..." Louis speaks up as Marlon welcomes his hug with open arms.

"I forgive you!" AJ yells from the admin building, having heard everything. He runs up to Marlon and wraps his arms around Marlon's knees.

"I-I forgive you." Violet stutters before getting up from her seat and awkwardly hugging Marlon. Everyone else soon follows, until Marlon was the center of a huge group hug!

"So...who is the new leader?" Louis questions.

"I'm glad you asked my compadre! Clementine and Violet are going to step in as the new leaders." He smiles.

"Wai...WHAT!!!!!" Violet doesn't approve apparantly.

"Yup. You ok with that, Vi?" I say and smirk at her.

"Why me! Why not Louis! Wait, no that's a bad idea..." We all laugh at how true that statement is. "But still, why me!?"

"Because Clem is good with people and you know the whole are of the school and surrounding forest. Also you both can fuck shit up like nobody's business!" Brody retaliates.

"Come on, Vi! You'll be a great leader."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes!" I smile at her. I could've sworn a small blush crept across her cheeks. She's probably scared about being leader.

"Ok...fine!" Everyone rejoices! I grab her hand and hold it up in the air, and try to hide the blush slowly creeping across my cheeks.

"Hey, Louis! Wanna practice?"

"You bet!"

Morgan and Louis leave to go to the piano room. She's always been musically talented and having Louis around has helped her talent grow. AJ loves her lullabys too.

I turn to Violet. "Hey, wanna go fishing?"

"Sure! Let's go."

A/N: Short chapter. The next one will be from my OC's perspective in the piano room. Hope you enjoyed!