D e a t h

_____
Death.
a brief
explanation.
_____

The Ancient Greek civilization believed that dead people would be judged based on the way they lived their lives

The Ancient Greek civilization believed that dead people would be judged based on the way they lived their lives. The judges of death were always portrayed as Ancient Greek kings, who had the permission, granted by Hades (Lord of Death) to deem a soul worthy.

The Ancient Norse civilization believed that the truly brave and good of heart would enter Valhalla, a Norse afterlife for warriors. There, they would train as Odin's army, awaiting Ragnarok, which was also known as doomsday.

Some individuals believed in reincarnation, the process of souls being born in a different body. The process of reincarnation had to be repeated a number of times, until the soul was pure and ready to be received by God.

According to Religion, death is said to be a messenger of joy, and the loved ones of the departed were advised not to fret, but pray, and rejoice.

What are your thoughts on death? Is it merely when our body stops functioning, and nothing more? Or do myths and writings from the Holy Scriptures have a ring of truth?

© All Rights Reserved 2019 Ariana Carmel