one

I sat on the bed, staring at the wall ahead of me. I heard the sound of the door close behind my mother downstairs as she left, starting up her car and driving to work. I knew she was pissed at me since she's hardly spoken more than three words to me in a while. I quickly grabbed my backpack, threw it over my shoulder and made my way down the staircase. I walked past the kitchen and out the backdoor, rushing down the alley to my jeep. I climbed in and started it up, driving down the road. Trees passed quickly as the wind flew my hair to the back of my shoulders. I always loved the way it felt driving the Wrangler without the doors and with the sunroof open.

When I finally arrived at the familiar building, the nerves bubbled up inside of me as I hopped out. People looked at me, warily, but continued on as their side glances continued. They act like I was some plague to society, fucking mouthbreathers. I walked down the hall, and almost immediately was greeted by the principle. "Office." He insisted. Oh, great, another lecture. I followed him directly there. "Sit." He pointed to the red cushioned chair and I placed myself on it, leaning back, kicking my feet up onto his desk, but his hand quickly pushed them to the ground. "Now, I know it's been about three weeks since you've been suspended,"

"I prefer 'taken time off'." I corrected him and he shot a glare at me, signaling to shut up.

"A few things have gone awry. I'm sure you've heard of the recent happenings to a few of our students. Due to this, I ask you to please just, keep yourself in line, alright?" He asked of me and I smirked. "I can't deal with you on top of these brutal crimes."

"So, what you're saying is I shouldn't experiment with the lab equipment in the cafeteria?" I mocked him, but he just stared at me, unamused. Jesus, this was going to be no fun. "Will do, sir." I saluted him, standing myself up and walking out his door, finding myself bumping into someone. "Watch it!" I let out, but looked to see two familiar faces. "Stu." I smiled at the boy.

"Oh, hey, MJ, didn't realize you were back." He exclaimed, taking a bite of the chip he had in his hand. Tatum glared at me, as his arm was draped around her shoulder. I watched her body tense up in jealousy and insecurity. I really hated this bitch.

"What'd you do again?" She asked me, smirking and crossing her arms over her chest, proud of herself for being a prude.

"She hung a dead pig from the flag pole, babe." He informed her, sounding impressed by my stupidity.

"That's disgusting." She rolled her eyes at us both.

"Whatever, it was hilarious." Stu laughed. "Anyways, glad your back, M." He gave me a side glance as Tatum led him away. I watched as he walked off and then turned, walking to my first class. Stu was tempting but I had bigger fish to fry here.

The day dragged on, and by lunch time, I found myself ducking out of school and heading to the local diner. The bell rang as I entered and walked up to the front counter. "Welcome to Luckies, here or to go?" The woman asked.

"Chocolate milkshake, to go." I responded, throwing a five on the counter. "Keep the change." I turned around to look out the window behind me, only to see two pairs of eyes piercing into my head. "Billy Loomis, long time no see." I smirk, walking over to the two of them, flipping my blonde hair behind my shoulder. I look over to Alaina seated next to him and smirk, knowingly. "Alaina, how're you?" I ask, in sarcasm.

"I'm fine, you?" She responded, sounding annoyed with me.

"Just peachy." I chuckle a little to myself, crossing my arms. Billy continues to eye me, smirking somewhat. "Well, I'll see ya around, Billy." I placed my hand on his shoulder, and turned back to the counter, where my milkshake waited for me. Picking it up, I placed the straw in my mouth and glanced over at the two one last time before exiting and heading back to my car.

Damn, it felt nice to be back.