Chapter Fourteen

You paced around the room, tapping your feet across the marble floor, one hand on your hip as you exhaled in frustration. Lian opened the door and came in, his eyes falling on your impatient form as he passed by you.

"You'll stay inside until we get that boy." He said, grabbing his things from the room. "We've already tracked down everything about him and warned nearby stores. He isn't getting away."

Your eyes widened as you stepped forward. "Stay here?"

"Don't think about climbing out either." Lian opened the door to leave. "I've taken care of that, so don't do it if you don't want to get shot with a sensor detecting gun."

"Gun?" You watched as he began to leave, but you grabbed him by the collar, pulling him back into the room and he tumbled backwards. "What is wrong with you?"

He slapped your hand away, dusting himself. "Don't touch me, y/n."

"Why are you always like this?" You grabbed him and he pushed you away, making you tumble onto your bed.

"My mother died because of them, y/n." He balling his fist, inhaling and exhaling to calm himself.

"Well that's one thing, plus you can't just go around thinking you're al mighty and try to kill them." You stood up from the bed, staring straight into Lian's eyes. "What do I have to do with that? Why does it always seem like you're holding a grudge against me–"

"Because you're just like them." He cut you off, clenching the items in his hand so hard that his knuckles turned white. "You killed that boy the same way they killed my mother, but oh you got away with it because you happen to be the CEOs daughter."

"You think that's an advantage?" You stomped your feet, practically shouting now. "Do you know how betrayed I felt back when I had my full powers and they worked? Back when my own father tried to kill me?"

Lian froze, straightening and lifting an eyebrow. "So you didn't lose your memory?"

Lian grabbed you by the collar, dragging you out of the room and down the hallway, where your eyes fell on something. You struggled in Lian's grip but he held tight, not letting you go.

"You locked your own brother up?" You tried to kick him but he was firm as steel.

Lian sighed, looking straight ahead. "He, just like you, refuses to use violence against those.. you included.. corrupted creatures."

"If anything here is corrupted, it's you." You spat at him as he dragged you down a dark hallway. "What are you going to do? Take me to my father?"

"I'm not dumb, y/n." He took a strange turn, opening the door to a small dark room and throwing you inside. He crouched in front of you, smiling. "You'll stay here until you give them up."

"Give what up?" Your body hurt from when you collided with the floor, but you refused to show your pain.

"Their names." He shrugged his shoulders, knowing that you understand. "The names of the two boys that were with you and Taehyung six years ago."

Lian got up, walking back into the hallway, the only source of light for this small dark room. He shut the door, the sound of lock clicking, leaving you in the darkness of your nightmares.

Hoseok.

Seokjin.

Where are you now?

...

Taehyung sighed, checking his phone once again. It's been a day and you haven't texted or called. There was no sign of you. His gaze shifted to Hoseok and Seokjin all dressed up and putting their shoes at the front door.

"Where are you guys going?" Taehyung asked and both boys spun to him, then looked at each other.

"We need to visit an old friend." Hoseok said, looking at Seokjin then back at Taehyung. "You don't really know him and he's pretty introverted, so.."

"We need to get going." Seokjin pushed Hoseok out of the house. "Don't forget to eat."

Taehyung sighed again when both boys left, looking back at his phone for any sign of you.

Seokjin and Hoseok walked down a deserted street, both looking at each other before stopping. Seokjin pulled out a crumbled photograph of you taken a six years ago.

"Well, that's her then." Hoseok looked at the photo and pulled out his phone, showing a picture of you a few days ago. "I found this on Taehyung's phone."

"This is dumb." Seokjin dropped his hand, sighing and looking at Hoseok. "We know she's dead."

"I told you we need to make sure, hyung." Hoseok insisted and Seokjin placed a hand on his hips.

"Then what? We kill here again?" Seokjin lifted an eyebrow and Hoseok pressed his lips together, defeated. Seokjin suddenly held his head in pain and Hoseok looked at him with a worried expression.

"Sh-She's alive." He said, looking at the younger boy.

Hoseok's worried expression disappeared, replaced by an are you kidding me look. "Hyung, don't tell me you still think you can feel it when people think about you."

"Yah!" Seokjin stared at him and pointed at his head. "I can!"

"I understand that your powers are telepathy and mind reading but feeling it when people think about you?" Hoseok lifted his eyebrows at the older man. "I don't think it's real."

"I can find out." Seokjin placed both hands on his forehead and squeezed his eyes shut, Hoseok trying to hold back a laugh because of how funny he looked.

"You're trying to connect to her through telep- er, I mean 'your mind's dms'?" Hoseok asked and Seokjin shushed him and froze for a few seconds before finally opening his eyes.

"I got her."

[This book is taking a weird turn, isn't it?]