Chapter Seventeen

[Flashback]

Your feet tapped impatiently against the concrete floor as you sat on the curb, exhaling as you glanced at your watch.

"Hey, why are you sitting alone?" A voice spoke and you turned to the thirteen year old boy that stood behind you, a soccer ball in his hand. "What's your name?"

"I'm waiting for my ride." Your eyes trailed to the two older boys behind him and the first boy watched as you scanned them.

"I'm Taehyung, and these are my hyungs, Seokjin and Hoseok." He extended his arm and you shook it, your veins glowing bright blue as you did, making the Taehyung boy gasp. "You're like that too? My hyungs have that too but I don't. I'm actually different."

"How diffe-" You were cut off by a series of rapid beepings that erupted from the device in your pocket, making panic rise through you.

"Taehyung, let's go." The two older boys pulled Taehyung away, clearly aware of what that meant.

They were close, the people who wanted you to shed blood.

[End of Flashback]

***

You sat down on the dusty floor of the abandoned building, the same building which six years ago your father's men almost killed you because of the deadly powers you once had.

The same building that six years ago, you killed a young boy that you cared for so much.

The same building that six years ago, Seokjin and Hoseok tries to kill you in as revenge for their friend.

But Taehyung was alive.

Your footsteps echoed against the floor as you walked around, exhaling as you tried to recall the memories you lost.

Your feet stepped into something wet and you looked down at the glowing blue liquid on the floor in confusion. You kneeled down, touching the strange liquid with your fingers.

You instantly recoiled in shock when a electric sensation sizzled through your veins, making them turn bright blue, something that didn't happen for six years; your veins were always dim.

But you knew exactly what it meant, the feeling ever so familiar.

Your powers have returned.

***

Taehyung sighed in frusturation as he attempted to call you, walking back to where he was staying.

"Taehyung." Seokjin and Hoseok, who were patiently waiting for his return, spoke as soon as their eyes fell on the younger boy.

"Don't speak to me." Taehyung passed them, hands dug in his pockets as he did so.

"Just tell me why." Seokjin held the younger man back by his arm, stopping him from walking away. "You said you remember everything, right? Give me one good reason I should accept her and I will."

"Will you really?" Taehyung looked up at the older male, eyes lighting up with hope when Seokjin and Hoseok nodded back. Taehyung cleared his throat before speaking again. "She protected me from those guys six year ago. Remember those big men that were after me? After my blood? She covered my scent. Sit down, I'll tell you everything."

[Flashback]

August 15, 2013; The Day of The Incident.

"Come here." Taehyung pulled you into an old abandoned building, into one of the far rooms where the men couldn't get to you easily.

"I understand why they're after me but.. why are they after you too?" Your eyebrows furrowed as you both stopped near one of the walls. "You're not like me.. right?"

"I'm not like you, I'm completely different that's why they want me." Taehyung grabbed your glowing hand. "Listen, you'll place your hand on my neck and you'll transfer half of the substance from your body to mine, that way the substance left in your body will be too weak for you to use it and they'll think you don't have them anymore."

"Are you insane? The moment this touches you you'll be dead! And what even is transfer-"

"You have to listen to me, we have no time, alright?" Taehyung seemed panicked but he was trying to keep himself calm, and you both didn't notice when Jian ran into the room, stopping as he looked at Taehyung holding your hand and gazing into your eyes. "Y/N, I'm different too. I'm immune. It's strange and really rare but you need to trust me on this. My blood is the only cure for that substance, that's why they want me."

"Wha-"

"No, don't even speak, just do it. I have a scent and you'll help me cover it, and I'll help protect you from that substance in your body. You trust me, right?"

You nodded as tears rolled out of your eyes as your heart began to beat faster, in both fear of the situation and worry over the boy in front of you.

You didn't know what transfer was, but you trusted your gut as something erupted from your hand that was on Taehyung's neck. Taehyung was balancing in and out of conciousness, until he finally fell to the floor as he fainted.

"Y/N, run!" Jian's voice shouted and you turned to him, eyes falling on Hoseok who held the man back as Seokjin walked up to you with a both scary and sad expression.

"What did you do to him?" Seokjin's eyes were on his younger friend as he spoke to you, chuckling in distaste. "You used him, didn't you? You killed him, didn't you?"

Your eyes turned to Taehyung lying on the floor, whether or not he was breathing that was unknown to you, then at Jian who struggled in Hoseok's binds.

Seokjin's veins glowed, his once cute and friendly face now dark. "You know, I told myself I'd never kill anyone, because I didn't want to be one of my kind, but..." Seokjin's eyes tore away from his friend and fell on you. "I guess it's our nature."

Jian's shouts were the last thing you heard before something electrical shot through your chest, making you fall to the ground in pain as your lungs struggled to expand and contract. Your vision blurred and eventually everything faded to black, your mind going blank.

~~~

So, finally an update lol
How was it? I guess now you guys know what happened?
Anyway, I'm out~