Chapter 2: The Big One

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Joey. Happy birthday to you," our family and friends sang as Joey was blowing out the candles of his birthday cake. He tried to blow it out, but he couldn't.

"Buddy do it like this," Justin said and Joey mocked what Justin did and they both blew the candle out. Joey was like a exact copy of Justin. He had the dirty blond hair and the big brown eyes. "That's my boy."

Joey started laughing and giggling. Joey loved to bang on the tables pretending like he was a drummer. He loved being the center of attention.

"Do you want cake?" I asked him. He nodded his head and moved his hand towards the cake and grabbed a piece. "Joey, you weren't supposed to do that. Now you have cake all over your hands."

"Momma," he said. He put his arms towards me and I picked him up. I washed the cake off his hands and face. He wrapped his tiny arms around my neck and kissed me.

"I love you, too," I said as I showered him with kisses. Justin finished cutting the cake. I put Joey in his high chair and I fed Joey some cake. He likes it when I pretend the spoon is an airplane. He makes the sounds before I put it in his mouth.

"Yummy," he said.

"Selena," Justin said as he sat next to me.

"Yeah," I said as I continued to feed Joey.

"So I asked your parents if they could baby sit Joey tomorrow," he said. I turned around and looked at him. "I think we should go out. We haven't been out on a date in a long time since Joey was born."

"That sounds like a good idea," I said. "I love this little guy, but I could use the break. What are we doing?"

"I'm glad you like the idea and it's a surprise," he said as he kissed my cheek. He took out Joey from the high chair. "You want to open your present?"

"Yes," Joey answered. We headed to the living room. We sat down on the floor and began to open the presents.

"Buddy look at this," Justin said. He showed Joey a pair of black converse. "You like shoes right?"

Joey nodded his head. Justin handed Joey a present and Joey began to rip the wrapping paper. It was hot wheels cars for Joey to play with. Joey was so excited when he opened up a present and it was toys. By the end of the night Joey was sound asleep. He had so much fun.

The next day we got ready and dropped Joey off at my parents. Joey started crying.

"Momma," Joey said as my mom held him in her arms. His tears were streaming down his face. He was putting his arms out so I could take him.

"Joey," I said. I wanted to start crying too. I didn't like seeing my little Joey cry.

"Buddy," Justin said as he took Joey from my mom. Joey stopped crying. " Why are you crying? Mommy and Daddy just want to go relax."

"No," Joey said as he put his arms around Justin's neck. He didn't want to let go.

"I love you, too, Buddy," Justin said. "Mommy and Daddy will be back soon. I promise."

"No!" Joey yelled. He loosened his grip on Justin and started to throw a fit. I grabbed him.

"Momma!" he said with a smile.

"Joey, you have to be a good boy and stay with Grandma," I said. Joey shook his head no. I looked at Justin.

"Buddy, I promise to bring you back something," Justin said.

"Joey, don't you like Grandma?" my mom asked him. Joey nodded his head yes. "I'll bake some cookies and we can watch a movie."

"Does that sound like a plan?" I asked Joey.