Part 13

Escanor spent the rest of the evening being coaxed to talk about his friends, warriors known as the Seven Deadly Sins. Chimera found herself captivated by the brilliant strategy of their captain, Meliodas, and the teamwork of the sins.

Meliodas...

Why was that name familiar?

Chimera had heard it somewhere before.

Somewhere recently.

Oh.

Shit.

Fuck.

Gods dammit.

Meliodas, the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins, Escanor's friend, a respected strategist, was the same Meliodas who had been fighting Zeldris in the forest which meant that if that same Meliodas recognized her... she was dead. She'd be so fucking dead.

Her sister's kindness had, as usual, left them in danger.

Fuck.

"This is not like the beggar" said Mera.

"This is exactly like the beggar. When you saved him from the men who were beating him, those same men went after us instead" said Chi.

"It was the right thing to do."

"We could have been killed, and now history will repeat itself."

"Meliodas didn't see us, remember? There's a chance he won't recognize us."

Mera, being softhearted, hadn't been able to ignore the beggar's cries for help when a group of men he had pissed off were beating him. Mera had frightened them away briefly and brought the beggar into the palace where he could recover. The next day, when it was Chi's turn to control the body, the men returned. They had assumed that Chi saved the man and that Mera, who wasn't much of a fighter, would be an easy target. All the men wound up dead on the floor, but Chi's strategic mind wouldn't let her forget all the possible different scenarios. If those men had attacked as she slept, she wasn't sure if she'd have had enough time to take control and fight. And now, Chi had to clean up Mera's mess again because Mera's softness had once again potentially made a dangerous enemy.

Chi had to figure out if the Ten Commandments were, in fact, enemies to the Seven Deadly Sins or if they were just the enemies of Meliodas. If they were the enemies of the Seven Deadly Sins, Chimera was fucked. But, if Meliodas alone was the enemy of the ten Commandments, then Chimera could still be friends, or more, with Escanor while being allied with Zeldris.