0 1

❝Soulmate- The one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. Someone you can't imagine being without, a person you believe is worth sticking with and fighting for.❞

There are many ways people are connected to their soulmates. People can be connected to their soulmates by emotions, names on their wrists, first words to each other, same eye color as their soulmate's hair, pain, same tattoos, writing, or drawings appearing on the other's skin if one writes or draws on theirs. Some are connected in one way while others are connected in more than one way.

Pain. One of the two things that connect me to my soulmates. Meaning that if my soulmate is in any physical pain I will feel the same amount of pain. If my soulmate dies then so do I. Both of us are connected whether we like it or not.

A Tattoo. The second thing that connects me to my soulmate. When I meet my soulmate it is said that my tattoo will sting. The tattoo will be the same one as my soulmate's, it will be something that both of us have in common.

I looked out the window looking at the birds chirping happily. The trees swaying with the wind. The blue sky seemed almost cloudless. The children shouting as they played with each other. Outside it was a gorgeous sunny day, and yet I was stuck sitting in the stuffy classroom with my professor who is currently going on and on about biochemistry. I proceeded to stare out the window thinking about random things.

What is the meaning of life? Why gain all this knowledge when we are all going to end up dead. Knowledge isn't going to help us after we die. Right?

Whatever gotta do what we gotta do I guess.

I'm kind of hungry now... I lowkey want a donut now...

...I'm tired...

Who decided that putting a bunch of sleep-deprived students in a room and lecturing for an hour was a good idea? I just want to talk.

I was abruptly torn out of my thoughts when Mina, my best friend, shouted my name.

"You gotta stop spacing out! How do you even passing with an A? You are always spacing out during classes." she questioned while rolling her chocolate brown eyes.

"Honestly don't know. I guess studying is paying off. Maybe you should try it sometime," I responded while getting up from my seat.

Mina grumbled and started dragging me to the cafeteria.

We hurried along hoping that the line wasn't too long. But our hopes were crushed when we saw how long the line was.

"Yoona, look we're late again. You need to stop thinking so much so we can get in line quicker! " Mina complained as she dragged me to the end of the line with her.

"Yeah, yeah" I mumbled.

We then headed to our usual table and sat down with our other friend, Jihin.

"what took y'all so long?" Jihin asked

"you know the usual, Yoona spacing out. " Mina explained for me after taking a bite of her apple.

"Yoona, stop shoving the donut in your mouth! It's not gonna go anywhere." Jihin said shaking her head.

"Well pardon me. I'm starving." I replied sarcastically after finishing the donut.

We continued talking about things outside of school. Mina and Jihin began chatting about BTS and how they are holding a concert in Seoul.

Suddenly I felt a piercing pain in my left ankle. It stung like hełl.

"Yoona, are you ok?" Mina questioned

"I'm not sure. My left ankle stings a lot. Maybe my soulmate got hurt?" I winced.

"Let's take you to the nurse's office" Jihin spoke as she put my arm around her shoulder to help me walk."

I sat alone in the nurse's office, Mina and Jihin had to go to their last few classes. I sat there looking at my soulmate tattoo. The tattoo was located on my right arm. The tattoo had colorful flowers appearing out of a book. Scattered pages were flying around. The tattoo was absolutely gorgeous. It somehow manages to make me feel better whenever I get discouraged or stressed. The tattoo made me feel secure. Knowing that somewhere there is a person who will love me for me. Knowing that they will accept all my imperfections.

 Knowing that they will accept all my imperfections

A/N- How was the first chapter?? I tried really hard to make the chapter detailed.

THANK YOU FOR READING

Love you all💜