Chapter 3

~One Week Later~

The avengers sat in their lounge talking about random stuff as they were drinking and relaxing having a stay at home date when they soon began to talk about Alannah.

"So me and Tony met her at the convention we went to and she was so beautiful. I don't understand why she ran though. You would think someone would be happy to find their soulmates. However, it was like she didn't even want to be near us." Bruce said slightly frustrated.

"Maybe we aren't good enough for her" Wanda muttered.

She was actually the one who took it the hardest. She felt like she was losing a part of her. They all felt this way, but how there emotions worked with this news was different for each person. For her it was like she was back at Hydra. One of the tactics that Hydra found extremely useful in the process of breaking someone was showing images of the person they had captured soulmate despising them. As a child Natasha had also went through a similar experience when she was being trained to become an assassin. Bucky and Pietro didn't feel as rejected as Wanda and Natasha who had actually been there when she turned away from them. For Natasha though it wasn't as hard because she knew that Alannah would soon accept them as her soulmates. Natasha just assumed she was intimidated by the avengers being her soulmates.

"I highly doubt that's the case sweetheart" Steve said to Wanda trying to comfort her.

Steve hadn't met Alannah yet, so he didn't completely feel rejected yet. He had hope that one of the avengers she hadn't met yet like himself, Bucky, Loki, Thor, or Pietro. She just needed to see that they wouldn't give up on her no matter how much she tried to push them away.

"You weren't there you have no clue how bad it felt Steve. You know the stories of soulmates being rejected, and how when they are rejected it's like a piece of themselves has burned away. None of the stories prepared me for this. It was worse than Ultron or Loki trying to take over the world. I honestly would have rather died then heard how she turned us away." Clint growled in frustration.

"Hey I said I was sorry" Loki muttered. He always felt hurt when they mentioned that time in his life.

Thor went over and hugged his brother/ soulmate. Yes, he knew how weird it was to have a brother as your soulmate, but he truly loved Loki in away that defied all logic.

"I know I haven't met her, but she can't actually hate us. She is probably just scared" Steve said as he went to give Clint the comfort he needed.

"Why would she be scared of us." Wanda asked confused. They were heroes so why would someone be afraid of them.

"Well it's not normal to have nine soulmates. You have to admit that in itself is scary. Now, add the fact that we are heroes. Heroes who fight aliens and crazed robots. Who in their right mind wouldn't be afraid." Natasha explained honestly.

Wanda realized how true the statement Natasha just said was. They weren't normal. Thor and Loki were Gods. Steve and Tony should both technically be dead. Bucky Herself and her brother were used as weapons by Hydra. Bruce was the freaking Hulk. Lastly, Clint and Natasha were actual assassins. They were far from normal.

"I have a plan what if me and Loki introduce ourselves. I believe we are the most intimidating, and if she saw we weren't as scary as she thought maybe it with make her start wanting to be with us." Thor said enthusiastically.

"One problem with that would be those boys who always hang around her. How would you be able to get her alone to actually talk if those soulmate stealers are there" Tony said annoyed.

He had a point. They would have to find a way to get those boys away from her, so she may be more willing to talk to them. However, how would they be able to distract those boys. Before they could think much about the problem Jarvis said "Sir someone is trying to contact you.-"

Before he could finish his sentence Tony cut him off "Tell them I'm busy." Then he continued to try to figure out a plan.

"Sir they say they have information on Alannah" Jarvis finishes his statement.

"Why didn't you simply start with that information." Bucky said thinking that maybe they may have found their answer on getting Alannah alone.

"Answer the phone and put it on Speakerphone Jarvis" Tony said