Chapter 34

Jason pov-

It took me 20 minutes to arrive at the hospital I had to stop at another shop it was a gift wrapping shop. So I asked the lady that was there if she could wrap up Alex's gift, I lean over to the passager seat and grabbed Alex's wrapped up gift. The wrapping paper was light blue with white stripes and a black bow on top, I smiled softly at the lady work she did a good wrapping up Alex's gift.

I hurried up inside the hospital I really wanted to see Alex I hope he doesn't blame himself when sees my bruised face. I stopped at the front desk, I could just tell him when I left the hospital that my dad and I got in an argument last night. The leopard nurse with curly black hair came to the desk and smiled at me "good morning" she said I return the smile "morning" the nurse looks at the gift that was in my hand, " a gift for Alex are you here to see him?" she asked I give her nod "okay nurse Samantha just did his stitches earlier so he should be up" she said I thanked her and headed down the hall to Alex's room.

I saw Samantha by Alex's door she was talking to doctor Stephen I stopped walking I could hear their conversation. her face was filled with worry " I was unwrapping Alex's bandages this morning when I was unwrapping his arm he tried to take out his stitches the one with the cuts on his arms" she explained to doctor Stephen he shook his head and sighed " when his father comes to pick him up I will tell him I hope his father will do something about Alex to help him get better thank you for telling me Samantha" he said. They both walk away from Alex's door and went their separate ways.

Alex present shook in my hands as I could feel the anger rise in my chest " Alex's father is going to a damn thing to make Alex better." I whispered angrily, I walked to Alex door and gently knocked on it I heard him say come in I chuckled quietly and went inside.

Alex pov-

I turned my attention to the door hoping that it wasn't the nurse a smile grew on my face. when I saw Jason walk through the door I missed having his company but I tried not to frown when I saw Jason's bruised face he got hurt because of me, but my eyes then drifted to present he was holding..was it for me?

Jason pov-

" good morning Alex," I said as I closed the door I saw Alex smile but I notice in his eyes that he was blaming himself. I walked to his hospital bed and took the chair that was besides  his table, "morning" he said sadly Alex glanced at my face again "I'm sorry that you got hurt because of me" I quickly sat down I place Alex's present on my lap I gently grab his shoulder "hey forget about the other day that was my fault I shouldn't have argued with you" I said Alex looked at his blanket " when I left last night my family and I had slight argument" I let go of his shoulder.

"Did you get in a fight with them" he asked sadly I sighed " my father and I did but its not important so how your morning going"I said Alex stared at his arms for a bit then he answered me "its ok I  guess" I hid the frown that wanted to appear on my face maybe he didn't have great morning becuase of what he tried to do his stitches this morning. "What about your morning is it going well," he asked " it's going well I stopped at an art shop and got you something," I said grinning Alex sat up as I held up his gift, Alex took the gift out of my hand and placed it on his lap.

He gently shook his widen when heard a noise "what is it" he asked I grinned more at his curiousness " open it and find out"I simply said.

Alex pov-

I took off the black bow and placed by my mother's letter  I then begin to tear at the wrapping paper. I saw Jason watch me as I tore every end of the paper and piled it beside me, Jason took the balled up wrapping paper and threw it in the trashcan. All was left was medium size box it was filled with excitement of what was in the box I pulled off the tape and put on the railing, then I grabbed the box flaps and open it my eyes filled with tears when I saw what was inside.

"Shit, Alex you okay your crying" Jason said in a worried voice I give him a small laugh and wiped my eyes. I picked up the sketchbook and glanced at Jason " I'm fine its just nice of you that you got me this" I answered Jason smiled "hey I told you I was getting you a new one sketchbook, open it and look what's inside" he said I open the sketchbook and turned to the first page, it was a picture of me and Jason holding hands my smile only grew more when I saw Jason signature  below the drawing.

Jason gave me nervous chuckled and rubbed his arm " sorry about the bad drawing I'm not like you" he said the drawing wasn't really bad. for his first time drawing, I looked at Jason a blushed grew on my face "don't doubt yourself, Jason, it's not really that bad" I said he give me nod and pushes his chair closer. As I continue to go through pages I realize that Jason's had taped my sketches that were torn out of my old sketchbook....it brought back some many memories.

I stare at Jason I could feel tears pricking the corner of my eye I stayed quiet but I gave him a real smile that hasn't done since my mother passed. "Thank you, Jason and I really mean it, "I said quietly Jason returned the smile. "Your welcome Alex," he said I closed the sketchbook and sat up slowly Jason moved his arm to my shoulder but I told him don't, Jason give me a worry look when I lean over the rail.

I wrapped my arms around Jason and engulfed him in a hug Jason stayed quiet but he hugged me back. I pulled away from him I chuckled quietly when a blush dusted his cheeks he gave me a smile, but it quickly turned to a frown "Jason what's the matter" I asked Jason sighed and put his hand in his leather jacket pocket. "Last night my mom told me that I was moving" he answered "why are you moving money problems," I said confuse Jason shooked his head " I wish but no my parents are tired of my bad behavior at school," he said annoyed.

"And my mom also thinks if we move I'll get out this damn phase" Jason finished crossing his arms. " what does your mom mean by phase" I asked confuse, Jason body freezes "its nothing Alex its just my mom being a jerk because she was high" he said " and if I did tell you'll react just like my parents...disgusted" he added looking at the tile floor, "come on Jason I won't react like your parents if I don't know what it is"I said Jason didn't say anything he continued to stare at the floor.

I put the sketchbook on the side of me and lean over the bar again I tap his arm to get his attention. Jason glances at me " I promise you, Jason, I won't hate you" I said softly tears filled Jason eyes when i said that "I like the same sex and my parents disapprove of me" he answered quietly " my mom thinks if we move I'll change to liking girls" he answered quietly " they force me to break up with my boyfriend in middle school because one of my old neighbors saw us kiss" he finished, Jason stayed silent again as he waited for my response.

Jason's parents were being ignorant what was the problem of liking the same sex they still are people and don't act differently it angered me. that his parents hated him because of that, " well I'm glad your like guys because there's nothing wrong people liking the same sex people should love who they love and not be discriminated by it' I said. Jason gave me a large smile " thanks Alex"I returned the smile " your welcome" I sit back in my hospital bed I grabbed my sketchbook and placed it on the table. We stayed silent for a bit " hey Alex thanks for not judging me like my parents" he said softly "no problem it's not right that they do that to you".

" Jason you want to know something" I said he gives me a nod " before my mom passed away I came out to my parents as bisexual they accepted me but now that mom is no longer with my dad....he doesn't accept me anymore he thinks that gross he sometimes call me a fairy to ruin my mood" I said " but I  have a feeling if my dad saw me dating a guy he would definitely kicked me out trailer" I added "so we're both into guys and hated by our parents" Jason said uncrossing his arms "yep so your not alone Jason don't let your parents bring you down"I stated " so when is your family moving" I asked sadly Jason shrugged "I really don't know but I'll spend my days with you until I have to go" he said confidently.

I scoot myself over and patted the empty spot next to me " Jason you had rough night relax with me and watch some tv" I said softly. Jason grinned he climbed on the bed he lays down and gets comfortable, he reaches for the remote that was hanging on the rail and handed it to me. I turn on the tv and begin to channel surf. Until we both found something interesting, I draped the blanket over us, Jason careful snuggled into my side I smiled we then stay quiet and watch the show.