Second Chances (Gwilym Lee)

You sighed as you looked at the maroon dress laying before you. The single life had been a big part of you for 3 years now. Nothing but work to keep you company. Your friend finally decided tonight was the night you would go out and have some fun. So she set up an online dating profile for you and now you had a date. You hadn't been on one since that night. The night your heart broke in two.

"You can do this Y/N. It's like riding a bike...right?" You whispered to yourself. Your hair and make up were done before so now you just had to get the dress on.

You looked at yourself in the mirror smoothing it out and got your heels and purse. Going to the livingroom. Slipping on your heels before turning off the lights and locking the door. It didn't take to long to get to the restaurant Nancy told you to go to. You parked and sighed once again before getting out of the car. You were extremely nervous.

"Jones party of two."

"Right this way ma'am." You followed the young man and he led you to the table. Where you saw your date sitting but soon got up once he saw you.

"You are even more beautiful in person."

"Thank you." You blushed and he pulled your seat out. He sat back in his seat across from you and poured you a glass of wine.

"I'm sorry but I have to ask how is it that a girl like you is single? When I saw your profile I just could not get my head around it."

"I'm kind of just married to my work. So I haven't had much time for dating. My friend basically set up this and I've just realized what I said." You say embarrassed and take a quick swig of your drink.

"No I understand. If it makes you feel any better my friend has done the same with me. I even met my first wife because of him."

"Oh you've been married before?"

"Yeah. I do have a 2 year old. It's too soon to drop that kind of information but I don't want to lie."

"I love kids. Ever since I was little I've always wondered what it would be like to be a mom."

The two of you chatted away and you were having a pretty good time. Until you looked up and saw the one face you didn't think you'd see in person again. His eyes met yours before you could turn away. You suddenly felt tears threatening to leave your eyes.

"Excuse me I've got to go to the bathroom." Despite his calls and asking if you were okay you walked away as fast as you could. Into the ladies room where thankfully there was no one. The tears came down and you couldn't stop them now.

He is here? Why is he here? On a date maybe? You thought to yourself producing more tears. Eventually you calmed down splashed some water on your face. You hadn't realized how long you had been in there but by the time you went back out your date was gone. You walked closer to the table and saw a note along with the money for the bill. On the paper was his name and number. You opened your purse and put it in and walked outside.

"Y/N." Instead of turning your head you looked staright ahead spoke softly.

"Why are you here?" You asked with a sniffle.

"Look at me please and I'll explain."

"I can't. I can't look at you Gwilym."

"Please." You felt him take your hand in his and you let a single tear fall before turning. Seeing him on the verge of tears himself.

"I miss you Y/N. I came back for you." At this you scoffed.

"You're the one who called off the engagement not me. You're the one that slowly but surely began to disappear. You're the one who kicked me out of your life. So please explain to me how a person like that could ever miss the one they let go of? How could you stand there and lie to me to huh? If you were here for me you wouldn't be here with another woman!"

"You have every damn right to be mad at me Y/N but that woman in there is Lucy."

"Why are here with Lucy? Isn't she dating Rami?"

"Yes. They just bought a place together here a month ago and I've been staying in the spare room. She's only here with me because Nancy told her you would be here. I want you back Y/N. I need you. I just wanted to come up with the right plan to get you back."

"So you knew I was on a date and you still came here anyway?"

"Yes I did."

"You're an idiot Gwil. I'm just curious as to how you thought this would turn out."

"Hoping he was a jerk and I could come and save you." By this time tears were no longer coming down.

"Well he wasn't and I've got to go now."

"You still love me. I know you do."

"Well yes because you never forget your first love. Even if they did break your heart into a million little pieces. Leaving you behind to pick them up yourself." He was closer to you his hands holding your waist. You wanted to push him back but couldn't. You missed his touch. The way held you. It felt like home. He moved one hand and tilted your head up so you were looking into his eyes.

"I know what I did was wrong and horrible. I don't deserve someone as loving, caring, and honest after what I did. I still love you and I never stopped. 3 years I've been alone only thinking of you. I should have come back sooner."

"You should have never even left." You whispered feeling a tear come down again. This time Gwilym had wiped it away with his thumb.

"I never should have. I'm not going anywhere ever again. Where ever one of us goes the other comes too. I love you Y/N." Before you could respond he gently pressed his lips to yours. You both pulled away smiling.

"I love you too. Stupid." You laughed and hugged him. He held on as if you would disappear and so did you. Soon realizing this wasn't a dream and very much real.

Lucy's P.O.V

Rami: So did the plan work?

Lucy: Definitely. I'm going to call Brad and thank him later.

Rami: Let's hope Y/N doesn't get too mad at us for this. If she does I'm immediately saying I had nothing to do with it. I'm putting you, Brad, Nancy, and Gwilym under the bus.

Lucy: Oh hush up Rami. I'll see you soon. Love you. Bye.

A/N: 3rd Times A Charm? 😬😅