Chapter 12

Emberpaw couldn't keep still. She was finally becoming a warrior. She pondered what her name would be. "I wonder if it will be Emberheart, after Gingerheart." She thought. It was unlikely since many cats already had that sir name. Lynxpaw also looked excited. Maybe her name would be Lynxtail. Emberpaw liked that name. "I wonder what Patchpaw's name will be." She thought. It might be Patchfur. That one was a nice name to. Emberpaw thought she would like any name Dawnstar would give him.

Soon Emberpaw heard Dawnstar calling for a clan meeting. She sat with the other apprentices in the front.

"Shrewpaw step forward!" Dawnstar called. Shrewpaw stepped forward. "Iceheart stand up!" Iceheart stood up. Dawnstar continued. "Iceheart is Shrewpaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Of coarse!" He answered proudly. Dawnstar nodded, pleased.

"Shrewpaw, you were excellently mentored by Iceheart. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Shrewpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Shrewpaw said defiantly.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Shrewfoot!" Everyone cheered and chanted Shrewfoot's name. Shrewfoot joined the clan.

"Patchpaw step forward!" Dawnstar called. Patchpaw stepped forward. "Swiftfoot stand up!" Swiftfoot stood up. Dawnstar continued. "Swiftfoot is Patchpaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Yes!" He answered. Dawnstar nodded.

"Patchpaw, you were excellently mentored by Swiftfoot. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Patchpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Patchpaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Patchclaw!" Everyone cheered and chanted Patchclaw's name. Patchclaw joined the clan.

"Lynxpaw step forward!" Dawnstar called. Lynxpaw stepped forward. "Rainingheart stand up!" Rainingheart stood up. Dawnstar continued. "Rainingheart is Lynxpaw ready to be a warrior?"

" I guess." She answered. Dawnstar nodded.

"Lynxpaw, you were excellently mentored by Rainingheart. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Lynxpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Lynxpaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Lynxtalon!" Everyone cheered and chanted Lynxtalon's name. Lynxtalon joined the clan. Emberpaw was excited, it was her turn.

"Emberpaw step forward!" Dawnstar called. Emberpaw stepped forward. "Gingerheart stand up!" Gingerheart stood up. Dawnstar continued. "Gingerheart is Emberpaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Definitely!" She answered proudly. Dawnstar nodded.

"Emberpaw, you were excellently mentored by Gingerheart. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Emberpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Emberpaw said confidently.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Emberspirit!" Everyone cheered and chanted Emberspirit's name. Emberspirit joined the clan. Emberpaw thought she could never be happier. Her mother congratulated her first, then Lynxtalon, then Patchclaw. Emberspirit looked at him happily. He looked strong, yet kind and gentle. Emberspirit purred and let the clan cheer for her, it was her moment to be honored.