C2

CHAIN

                              CHAIN.

A week had passed, everything seemed to be back to normal.

"I'll catch up with you later and we'll plan on where to meet for our project okay?" Y/n nods and walked out of the university campus.

She'd normally take a bus to the café she worked in, but the café was currently under repair.

Y/n decided to take the long route home.
She wanted to feel the cold breeze of the night's wind to clear her mind.

Walking by the cold streets of the night city,
she walks peacefully before she hears extra footsteps behind her. it was quite unusual as it would stop when she does. she panicked.
y/n fastened her pace before a tall shadow could be visible in front of her. she runs away before she meets with a tall figure. oblivious to who that man was, her mouth was covered by cloth and was put into a deep slumber.

y/n woke up with a severe headache. she couldn't process anything that had happened the night before. but she was sure of one thing,
she wasn't in her old, worn out, small apartment. She could spread her legs freely around the new bed she was laid in. she got even more nervous with that sudden thought.
she wasn't at home. she wasn't in her old crappy shelter that she calls home.

she had no idea of where she was.
her breathing hitched when she heard voices from the outside of the room.
she didn't know what to do. as the door swings open, she closes her eyes shut and pretends to be fast asleep.

"she's still asleep."
the soft masculine voice utters out.

"hyung are we actually gonna keep her here?"
the same soft voice says.

"we can't free her out or else she'll die. and if she does it will be our fault for dragging an innocent person into this mess"
a new deep voice that contrasted the soft and pure sounding of the first voice.

y/n was listening very carefully to everything they said.

"Jungwoo, can you tell ten to do a full background check on her?" the deep voiced man orders the other boy.

y/n was so scared. random male strangers checking your whole existence and fishing for information is weirder than it sounds.
they sound like creepy stalkers that could be potential rapists.

footsteps could be heard and the door shuts close. y/n breathes heavily before opening her eyes hoping of the sight of emptiness in the room.

"looks like my new burden had been deceiving me all along?" her heart fell.