•Chapter 1•

A/N: hi! so I started writing this when I was literally like 13 and I've been going back and editing the cringey shit so it isn't so terrible. anyway, the first couple of chapters are all over the place and that's why, so I'm trying to edit it and make it less awful. trust me, it gets better towards the more recent chapters.  as I've reread this through the years I've realized this is pretty much a book of connected blurbs and other random ideas ive had, so the storyline is all out of whack.  it's just something I do when I'm bored or want to write and have an inspiration strike. anyways have fun reading!

The sound of my old alarm clock rings through my ears, forcing me to get out of bed and get dressed. I reach my hand over to the machine, smacking the snooze button, making the torture stop. I let out a sigh, rubbing my eyes. I sit up before opening my eyes, letting them adjust to the scene my room. Looking over to the clock, I see that it's 6:00. School starts in about 90 minutes, so I actually have time to get ready for once.

I stand up and walk to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me and moving to the shower, turning the handle until it's at the perfect temperature. Slipping off my pajamas and everything else, I step in the shower.

***

"Cassidy! Hurry up, we have to go to school!" Aden shouts from downstairs.

I take one last look at my outfit in the mirror before hurrying downstairs.

"About time." Aden scoffs, throwing away his finished apple core.

"Don't be grumpy." I pat his head and grab my bag, putting my phone in and taking out my keys.

"You talk to me like I'm a baby." He sighs with irritation.

"You are. You're my baby brother." I say. He shakes his head.

"I'm 14." He rolls his eyes.

"I'm still older." I state and open the front door, him following close behind before closing and locking the door.

I unlock the car door and hop in as he does the same, buckling the seat belt. I start the car and pull out of the driveway, making our way to school.

***

"Hey, Cass." A familiar voice says. I stop organizing my locker and look up to find Michael, walking towards me.

"Hey, Michael." I pull out my English supplies and shut my locker.

"So, have you seen Rae yet?" He asks, looking around the senior hallway.

"Nope, haven't seen her." I shake my head, knowing she usually turns up 5 minutes before classes even start. "But are you going to the game tonight?"

"I don't know, maybe." He shrugs.

"You know, Ari's going to be there." I tease. He playfully punches my shoulder and blushes slightly.