•Chapter 6•

"Hello, Cassidy." Ashton says, once I open the door.

"Hey." I smile and he steps inside. It was time for our 'bake off' thing and Rae just left a little while ago, so I guess we're doing it now.

"So, what are we making?" He asks.

"I don't know. I have the ingredients for cupcakes I think." I shrug.

"I guess we're making cupcakes then." He chuckles, taking off his sweatshirt, leaving him in another black muscle shirt and pair of skinny jeans, as always. I was wearing almost the same thing he was; a simple white shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. He walks into the kitchen, me following behind, and spins around, causing me to halt to a stop.

"What?" I take a step back from shock of his sudden gesture. "Shouldn't we start baking?"

"We don't have to." He steps closer, standing right in front of me.

"Isn't that the whole reason you came over?" I ask.

"It was more of an excuse to hang out with you." He bites his lip.

"So, you don't want to make cupcakes?" I wonder.

"Eh, not really." He shrugs. "I'd rather do something else,"

"Like what?"

He smirks and sets his hands on my sides, lifting me up and setting me on the counter.

"Is anyone home?" He asks, and the tone of his voice makes my heart race.

"No, Aden's at football and my parents are at work." I say. He lets out a breath.

"Now I won't have to drag you all the way to the center of a football field to kiss you." He chuckles. "I can just do it right here, right now."

"No one's stopping you." I bite the inside of my lip and he stares at me hungrily.

He smirks and presses his lips against mine. My hands tangle themselves in his soft hair, softly tugging. He lets out a slight groan and run his fingers up and down my thighs, standing between my legs, slipping his tongue in my mouth.

His hands slip under the back of my shirt, sitting on the small of my back. My fingers wrap around the belt loop to his jeans, pulling him closer, if that's possible. I wrap my arms back around his neck, but soon tangle in his hair again.

He pulls away and rests his forehead against mine. Maybe that's kind of like our thing now...

"Cass," He says out of breath. "This is so much better than baking some damn cupcakes."

"So much better." I pant, letting out a chuckle.

"Did you get a dress for homecoming?" He asks against my lips.

"Yeah, I did." I nod, biting back a grin.  I forgot I already had a dress I was planning on wearing.

"Can I see it?" He pushes.

"No, I want it to be a surprise." I shake my head, playing with his untamed hair.

"Damn," He sighs.  "I can't wait to see you in it."

"Well, you've got two weeks." I grin, bringing his lips back to mine.  We stay here for a while, both of us trying to get as close to each other as possible, all while making sure I don't fall off of the kitchen counter.

"Ashton," I say after a while.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we're rushing this?" I ask, pulling away a bit.

"Rushing what?" He stands up straight, staring at me.

"This," I gesture between us. "Us."

"I don't know. Maybe? It's not like we're dating or anything," He shrugs. "Yet."