2

Beep.

    Beep.

    Beep.

    Elena groaned as woke to the sound of beeping, her head hurting more then it had earlier. She raised her hand to touch it, only to feel a tight pull and see a small tube connecting her hand to a bag of fluids next to her bed.

    Frantically, she looked around with panic. The room was a startling white and it smelt of disinfectant and other chemicals she didn't quite recognise. Realising that she was in a hospital room, and the beeping she could hear was the heart monitor she was connected to. She frowned, racking her brain to recall why she was here.

    As her memory hit her hard, she wished she couldn't remember at all. The crash, her parents- it all came back to her in one sudden rush of bright colours and screams. The air hitched in Elena's neck as she panicked, and her heartbeat rose.

    A nurse came running in at the sound of the rising heart monitor, her eyes darting to Elena's hospital before widening as she saw that the girl was fully conscious. She was a pretty woman, with her brown hair tied up into a bun under her cap, and brown eyes that were filled with concern. She rushed to Elena's side as she reassured the girl that she was fine, that she would be okay.

    "Where's my mom and dad?" Elena had to know- she needed to know.

    The nurses reply came out flustered and unsure. "I-I'm not in the position to say..."

    Elena's brow folded in confusion. "I need to know."

    "What you need is rest."

    "Where's my mom?!"

    "You need to calm down." The nurses responses were professional and short, and they scared Elena. Why couldn't the nurse give her a straight answer?

    Elena began pulling at at the wires connected to her body, causing more alarms to go off in the small room. The nurse called for back-up, before she proceeded to try and stop the girl.

    "You need to calm down. You're hurting yourself and I'm going to have to sedate you if you continue."

    Yet, Elena continued to rip out the small tubes buried into her arms. As another blonde male nurse ran into the room, the first nurse quickly explained the situation. The second grabbed a syringe from a drawer, flicking it to ready the thick, clear liquid inside.

    The first nurse stilled the girls wrist as the second nurse readied himself to inject the liquid into the girl. Elena flinched as the needle pierced her skin, and she felt a slight sting as the liquid entered her system. Her eyes began to droop and her struggles slowed to pitiful pushes at the nurses arms once in a while.

    "Mom?" Elena muttered before her world was absorbed into blackness.