Chapter 8: February 8th

"No." Amethyst argued.

"Yes." Steven asserted.

"I said NO Steven! I'm not doing this any longer!" Amethyst yelled.

"Do you really want to end up like Ruby and Sapphire?" Steven asked, pulling the Gems out of his pocket once again. Amethyst's eyes widened and she backed down.

Pearl put a comforting arm on her shoulder. "No one wants to do this."

"It's not about who wants to do this anymore. You're being forced. Can't you just accept that?" Steven asked, crossing his arms.

Everyone frowned.

"Anyway, welcome back to The Shipping Contest! The place to go when you want to bond with someone against your will, while also being constantly threatened by a kid!" Steven smirked.

"Well at least he's got that right." Bismuth groaned.

"I wish that wasn't right." Connie added, sighing.

"I-I just-" Pearl fell to the floor.

"Pearl?!" Connie gasped.

"Why are you doing this to us, Steven?!" Pearl yelled dramatically, tears streaming down from her eyes.

Steven frowned a bit. For some reason he didn't like seeing Pearl like that. "I-it's because I just wanted you to get along?" He shrugged a bit.

"No it's not!" Connie spoke up. "Do you remember why we decided to do the contest in the first place?" She asked and Pearl got up off the floor.

"Uh," Steven begun. "When were we ever in on this together?"

Connie frowned. "You don't remember?"

"I remember a lot of things!" Steven defended himself. "I just don't ever remember you being a part of this."

"I was! The reason we started this whole thing was because-"

*HONK HONK!*

"Alright Gems, dad's here so it's time to go!" Steven smiled nervously, walking out the door.

The Gems turned to Connie, who facepalmed.

"Wait! I'm coming Steven Diamond!" Jasper called, chasing after Steven. The Gems sluggishly followed behind.

○♡○

The Gems, Steven and Connie arrived at their destination.

"Should I even stay?" Greg asked, glaring at Steven who had been yelling at Amethyst about something again.

Pearl sighed. "You don't have to."

Greg drove away after throwing some big, heavy bag that Steven left in his van on the ground.

"Oh yeah! I needed that bag..." Steven quickly picked up the bag with ease.

"Why are we here...where the barn used to be?" Lapis asked.

"Yeah, why? It's bringing back old memories. From when you used to be nice." Peridot crossed her arms.

"We're here to replace those memories with new ones." Steven said. "You'll forget about the fun you had here, once you remember what'll happen today." He smiled evilly.

"Okay man, when are you going to bring Ruby and Sapphire back?" Bismuth asked, annoyed.

"Oh, they'll be back before you know it. For now let's play some baseball!" Steven exclaimed, emptying the bag he had. It was filled with baseball equipment.