Chapter 9: February 9th

The Gems and Connie stood around in Steven's house this afternoon, just like they had been for the past 9 days. It was getting very boring at this point, especially since they now had to go through each day with a boy screaming about shattering them all.

They had never known for sure if Steven's death threats were just bluffs or not, but they now knew that he wasn't afraid to poof anyone. It was scary, and the Gems decided that the best thing for him was to lock him up.

They had chained him up at Rose's Fountain, where all the cured Gems had still been having fun. They assumed that once he woke up from his unconsciousness, the Gems there would keep an eye on him.

"Can you imagine what Greg will think when we tell him we chained up his son like some sort of... prisoner?!" Pearl exclaimed.

"It's the only thing we can do," Sapphire begun. "He's obviously stronger than all of us."

"He's going to be really mad when he wakes up, though." Peridot added.

Bismuth sighed. "I don't believe this is actually happening."

"Wait!" Jasper gasped. "What did you do?! Capturing our great leader, Steven Diamond?!"

The Gems gave Jasper annoyed looks.

"You don't need to keep up the act, Jasper." Lapis crossed her arms.

"What act? Nobody said that I decided to become a rebel like you! As soon as Steven allows us to leave, I'm going back to Homeworld where I can be assigned to do some real work." Jasper stated.

Everyone sighed.

"So why are we here anyway? This should be our break while Steven's out." Amethyst said.

"Well I still have these prizes for everyone~" Connie announced, showing off the bin full of prizes again. Everyone smiled and eyed the thing they would win. "And nobody's getting them if you don't participate."

"Uh, fine." Pearl rolled her eyes, smiling at the fact that she was dumb enough to still be participating.

"I just want that hat sooooo bad!" Bismuth exclaimed and Connie laughed.

"So what are we doing today?" Ruby asked. Connie thought for a moment.

"Maybe we could-" Connie was interrupted by Greg's van honking outside.

"Steven! Connie! Gems! Come on!" Greg yelled.

"Oh! Maybe Greg knew what Steven was planning today." Lapis suggested.

Connie and the others went outside to where Greg had his van parked once again.

"Where's Steven?" Greg asked, worried.

The Gems looked at each other nervously.

"He got knocked out and then they chained him up with a bunch of other Gems everybody barely knows." Jasper explained, leaving Greg's mouth hanging wide open.

"Don't worry, Greg." Sapphire assured the panicking man. "Steven will be fine..."

"Y-you told me that last time and look what happened." Greg closed his eyes, attempting to calm down.

"We just need time away from him...while he's not here." Pearl looked away nervously.

"Wait," Greg thought. "Ruby and Sapphire...I'm glad to see that you're okay." He smiled.

"Your kid is nuts." Ruby simply stated.

Greg frowned. "I know. So are you guys still doing something today?"