25

'Some people should

never have kids.'

Iara recoils in horror as the deep cackle continues.

"What the hell?" She questions, covering her mouth with her hand to block anymore deadly mist entering her body.

"He's dead. He's dead like I should've killed him so long ago. Addy and I would have been fine if it weren't for his whines and tantrums as a fucking baby." Stephen coughs dryly before chuckling maliciously. Iara whole body feels like it's being stabbed in every point, her skin feels like it's stripping itself and her heart buckling and twisting under the weight of her immense sadness and guilt that this shirty and ill-mannered man has bestowed onto her.

"Selfish prick always wanted his mother, her breasts were his. His lips always suckling narcissistically, more more more, he never had enough. Greedy little mongrel. That whore of a mother just let him crawl over her body." Stephen hisses, poison dripping from each word that rolled off his malignant tongue.

"'Yes darling have some more milk. Oh Dante, you already had some, but here is some more. No Stephen, Dante needs to be fed. First day of school Dante! Stephen this is Dante's special day.'" Stephen says is a high-pitched voice mocking his wife's words.

"'Hi Monty. How are you Monty? Oh Monty you are too funny! Oh Monty, Monty, Monty Monty!"' Stephen screams. Iara before him in shock and perturbed, also confused as to who Monty is, or was.

"'Stephen I couldn't help myself, sorry baby. It was too much, you weren't there for me and Dante! Monty always had us." Stephen continues.

"He caused her to fuck someone else because I was repulsed by him and his demands! Well fuck him, he's burnt now! Mummy's gone now!"

Iara screams and slaps him on his dusty and clammy cheek. She feels the ash sweep off his skin and into a mini cloud, some stains her fingers.

"He was a baby you sick bastard!" She screeches, hot tears brimming at her eyelids. She can't believe the sense this man is devoid of.

The fire roars closer and she can hear timber collapse and firemen shouting. Melodramatic footsteps enter the room and before Iara can sense who it is, they wrap their huge arms around her exasperated stomach and lift her away. Stephen's body stays on the ground whilst Iara kicks and screams, out stretching her arms to the corpse on the other side of the room. Her heart beats against her chest and a painful lump lives in her dry throat.

"Dante!" She wails. Steaming tears cascading down her cheeks and under her chin. She weeps deeply, her body trembles with listlessness as her heart contorts and wrenches with an utmost dismal feeling. Her laments are futile and only for herself.