epilogue

'I live with him now

'Never thought I would go back.

'I had no where

'He was more than willing.

'It's been so long

'I though time would heal me

'But it just harmed me more.'

Iara stares at her bed; one she has been accustomed to for ten years. She remembers when they bought it, both of them would work endlessly just to buy a home together that neither of them really want.

When Iara closes her eyes that's where her true home is. The visions have grown more eccentric and vivid each year that has passed. It's come to the point where she can daydream all day and get confused between reality and fantasy.

All her visions are with Dante, he had always had a striking resemblance to that grey ghost who would always visit her. He would always be waiting for her to come back into that realm. Hands outstretched towards Iara, a big smile plastered on his perfect face. She would enjoy herself but she always knew dreams never last forever and that thought always would hold her back.

Today though, Iara feels different. She knows she wants to live with Dante forever in the dream world of her own mind and today she will get what she wants.

In her hand she holds a cylindrical container, it rattles as she plods her feet along the wooden floorboards; not worth the ten years of her miserable life. She sets it on the bedside table lackadaisically next to the day old water, before throwing her self onto the bed. Her eyes open and directed to the ceiling, she lifts up her shirt and places her hand against her skin. Gliding it along, it's a rough ride, cicatrixes colonise her skin, ten years ago she thought they would heal.

She can't believe she has gotten back into bed with the same man who scarred her for life. Don't worry, it'll all be over soon, she thinks.

Normally her mind would flash back to moments and tears would escape from her eyes but after ten years she has grown thick and desolate. Terrible isn't it?

This is why as she un-twists the lid to the container and pours multicoloured pills into the cups of her hands she has no trouble doing. With one upward movement the capsules jump inside of her mouth, swarming up against her tongue. The congestion triggers her gag reflex but she manages to swallow each one. She's numb, remember?

And now she waits, for only time can whisk her away into the dream world she has escaped to for so many years, just to be with Dante.

It seems time is the sole decider for everyone's life.

A few hours pass and her arm dangles over the bedside; her head titled to one side tongue and saliva falling out. Nestled on the top of her breasts is the scarf she managed to hold on to for all this time and snug inside that scarf is the photo and note he gave her.